Blogging along with Amanda’s January prompts.
When on staycation — especially when there is a holiday in the mix — it’s hard to decide where the weekend begins, but for the purposes of this post, I’m going with Friday.
- Enjoyed some quiet snuggle time with my nephew G., when he snuck upstairs to see if I was awake yet. (I was.)
- Had my favorite breakfast of the year: apple pie and stuffing, a/k/a Thanksgiving leftovers.
- Cracked up watching Baseball Bloopers with my nephews and brother.
- Discovered that chocolate goldfish crackers with tiny, cereal-style marshmallows exist, courtesy of my cousin Susan’s legendary snack tray.
- Spent many hours catching up with Susan and her family.
- Marveled at how adult my nieces are becoming. How can that be happening?
- Forgot to take any family photos.
- Watched my Caps squeak out yet another shootout win.
- Listened to my brother share depressing stats about how few actual, regulation wins the Caps have.
- Drove home, too tired and too late, but made it safely.
- Spent a whole day in my pajamas, being unspeakably lazy.
- Got up early to go see Stormtroopers — and, as it turned out, Darth Vader — down by the Capitol with my nephews and sister-in-law. (They were filming a promotional piece for a proposed Museum of Science Fiction.)
- Checked out the Capitol Christmas tree.
- Took my nephews on their first visit to what I call “the bouncy walkway” at the National Gallery of Art. (It’s the unusually springy moving sidewalk between the East and West buildings, and also a piece of installation art called Multiverse.)
- Saw an exhibit on Byzantine art (because D. wanted to see something “very old”) and stopped by the Calder mobiles.
- Ate brunch at one of my favorite neighborhood joints, the Argonaut.
- Did the boring weekend things: laundry, dishes, etc.
- Considered buying a Christmas tree, decided to wait until next weekend.
- Watched PBS’s new Downton Abbey recap episode to get ready for season four.
- Tuned in for a little bit of the Sunday night football game, wherein the two teams I like were playing each other, with the goal of determining which is actually the worst in the NFC East.
- Stayed up later than planned.
What did you do this weekend — no matter when it started for you?