It seems I had a sense early on today that I’d make it to bedtime without coming up with a proper (read: potentially slightly interesting) blog post, because as I set my iPhone to shuffle at the office, I made note of the first 10 songs to play.
Yes, the random 10 is making a return engagement. In case you’ve forgotten the rules, here they are:
Just start your iPod, iTunes, whatever music player you use, and write down the first ten tracks that come up. No cheating and skipping around until you get the cool songs.
Here’s what I got:
1. Bridge Over Troubled Water – Simon & Garfunkel
2. Daydream Believer – The Monkees
3. Empire State of Mind – Jay-Z, featuring Alicia Keys
4. Ireland – Garth Brooks
5. Head to Toe – Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam
6. Tom Cruise Crazy – Jonathan Coulton
7. Lucky Town – Bruce Springsteen
8. The Perfect Space [Live] – The Avett Brothers
9. This Hard Land – Bruce Springsteen
10. Leaving on a Jet Plane – John Denver
Play along in the comments if you wish!