When I ran out of Sunday before having time to write a blog post, I decided it was a good thing to have happened — re-entry into the working world after almost two weeks of staycation was going to be hard, and having the chance to rehash my weekend would be something to look forward to. And while indeed I am glad to be recapping a very fun weekend, I forgot to factor in how tired I would be. As in, so tired I can hardly see straight.
(Translation: please forgive me if this makes no sense.)
Anyway… because I wasn’t at the office, and because a lot happened, and — most of all — because I like three-day weekends and wish they were all that way, I am once again counting Friday towards the weekend, during which I…
- Went with my friends Julia & Michael to see our friend Charles get sworn in as the new Ward 6 council member in DC. I’ve known Charles for more than 10 years and could not be happier for, or prouder of, him as he starts this important new career.
- Joined Julia & Michael for lunch with their friend Jill, who was visiting from out of town.
- Got my hair cut! (This warrants an exclamation point because it was the first time I’ve had it cut since March and it reeeeally needed it.)
- Went to the DC inaugural ball — or politics prom, as we were calling it. Though the party itself was not the greatest (I enjoyed both the pre- and post- events more), it was fun to see so many of my friends all fancified.
- Ran a bunch of errands. In the rain. Delightful!
- Skated on the Winter Classic ice with my sister-in-law at a special Caps season ticket holder event at Nationals Park. Though some of the game-day setup had been broken down, we did get to sit on the team benches and in the penalty box. It was truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and so much fun!
- Took advantage of the mega-sale (50-60% off!) on Winter Classic gear while we were down at the ballpark.
- Caught up on the last few season 4 episodes of “Downton Abbey” before season 5 started. (I missed the ending while I was in Australia and just never finished watching. And now I remember why: season 4 was boring.) The season 5 premiere was promising, though.
- Went to Sunday’s Caps game, where I got to hang out at intermission with my friend Joanne and her son Wyatt, who was at his first-ever hockey game and was beside himself with excitement.
- Took down my Christmas tree and other decorations. At 10:30 at night, after Downton. Because it suddenly seemed very important to get it done before I headed back to work.
It’s no wonder I’m exhausted, really.
What did you do this weekend?
Weekending along with Pumpkin Sunrise.