I have to say, Carole’s 10 on Tuesday prompt is perfect for today — I needed to make a pre-Christmas to-do list anyway, and letting it do double-duty as a blog post helps a lot. Here’s what I need to get done in the next, 36 hours or so…
1. Get through my last work day of 2014 (which is a whole ‘nother to-do list).
2. Schlep all my online shopping home from the office. (There’s kind of a lot. I’ll be unpopular on Metro tonight.)
3. Wrap, wrap, wrap.
4. Figure out where to stash all the wrapped presents so the kittens won’t gnaw at the corners, as they like to do.
5. Finish the baking – I’ve got half a batch of chocolate crinkles to go, I’d like to make macaroons and one last batch of gingersnaps, and I’ve got about three dozen tadelles to frost. Which may not be enough. Oh, and cranberry bread. Can’t forget that.
7. Make the cranberry salsa. Only my mom, sister-in-law, and I will eat it, but it’s worth it anyway!
8. Watch my favorite Christmas movies. I’ve somehow gotten two days out without watching “Love, Actually,” “The Muppet Christmas Carol,” or “A Christmas Story.” I think they’ll be playing in the background tomorrow was I work my way through 3-7 on this list.
9. Pack for my Christmas Eve overnight with the family. I picked up a pair of festive jammies at Target the other night, so that if I’m in the background of unwrapping photos, I won’t be wearing holey yoga pants and a sweatshirt.
10. Try to figure out who is coming for pre-Winter Classic breakfast/brunch on New Year’s day, and what I’m going to feed them.
What’s still on your list this December 23rd?