Christmas is less than a week away, so I’ve been on the go, all the time — and the weekend was no different. Over the last few days I…
- Had dinner with my friends Julia and Michael on Friday night before they headed off to be with their family for Christmas. And because we met up at Tunnicliff’s, one of those places the whole neighborhood seems to go, I also ran into my friends Anne and Nichole.
- Baked many, many dozens of cookies: gingersnaps, chocolate crinkles, and a double batch of tadelles. I still have to finish baking the rest of the crinkles (I did about half the batch) and frosting the tadelles, but I’m making good progress.
- Went to ZooLights with my nephews (and brother & sister-in-law) and out to dinner afterwards.
- Watched CBS Sunday Morning (one of my favorite weekly rituals) while dunking gingersnaps into my coffee.
- Ran errands (grocery store and Target) and was pleasantly surprised at how non-insane both places were.
- Polished my nails, again. I’ve now had them painted the whole month, which might be a personal record. And tonight at Target, I think I finally found exactly the silvery glittery polish I’ve been looking for. Whee!
- Headed out to Virginia to my friend Megan’s house for our 8th annual Christmas cartoon sing-along party. We started doing this back when we were next-door neighbors here in DC, and I’m glad we’ve kept it up over the years — it’s one of my favorite holiday traditions.
How was your weekend?
Weekending along with Pumpkin Sunrise.