This weekend was a little bit of a lull in the holiday season – I had a lot to do last weekend, and next weekend is shaping up to be busy, so I was glad for a somewhat low-key couple of days. Here is most of what I did (assume all gaps filled with napping and/or HGTV):
- Had a coffee emergency (as in, there was none) and therefore started Saturday at the Safeway.
- Did laundry (all the weird stuff this weekend, like the shower curtain, bathmat, and the rubber thingy under the litter boxes).
- Went ice skating (and to dinner) with Brian, Jen, and the nephews.
- Attempted to do some online shopping for Christmas but couldn’t seem to make any decisions, so gave up. (Related: had sticker shock at the cost of “classic” — that is, non-plastic — Lincoln Logs. More than $50? Whoa.)
- Watched the second and third periods of the Caps-Lightning game on tv, and got to see Nick Backstrom score a natural hat trick.
- Had brunch and baked Christmas cookies with my friends and their kids. (I brought fixings for gingersnaps. Obvs.)
- Went to Eastern Market and somehow only came home with soap, potatoes and yogurt, which will not a week’s worth of meals make. (Especially the soap.) This will come back to bite me, no doubt. But I branched out and got maple yogurt instead of my usual plain, so that’s exciting.
How was your weekend?
Weekending along with Pumpkin Sunrise.