Yesterday, I kind of failed to realize it was Tuesday, and therefore forgot to use Carole’s 10 on Tuesday prompt until I saw sprite’s post this morning. I liked her angle of taking the “shuffle your iPod” prompt and making it seasonal by using just the holiday genre on the phone, so that’s what I did too. Here’s what l got:
1. White Christmas – Bing Crosby
2. Petit Papa Noel – Josh Groban
3. The Most Wonderful Day of the Year – Glee Cast
4. White Christmas – Dolly Parton
5. Christmas All Summer Long – Deer Tick
6. Christmas Isn’t Christmas – The Boy Least Likely To
7. Gabriel’s Message – Sting
8. Here Comes Santa Claus – Gene Autry
9. The Real Story of Christmas – Michael Shelly
10. The First Noel – David Archuletta
I have more than 400 holiday songs (I know, excessive) and I got a pretty good mix overall, though I did end up with two renditions of White Christmas and three tracks from sprite’s 2013 holiday playlist.
While I’m on the subject of Christmas music, I joined sprite and Rudi tonight for TubaChristmas at the Kennedy Center Millennium Stage. It’s an annual free concert with a band comprised solely of tubas, sousaphones, and euphoniums — 350 of them, to be specific. It was a fun and different way to hear Christmas classics (along with lesser-known gems like “Santa Wants a Tuba for Christmas”).
Here’s the chorus from “Angels We Have Heard on High” to give a sense of how 350 large brass instruments sound when playing together: