As Sunday night rolls to a close, here’s a snapshot of the weekend that was…
- Celebrated my friend Laura’s birthday with a happy hour at Lola’s.
- Did lots and lots of laundry.
- Bought and decorated my Christmas tree. (More on that later in the week.)
- Put up the rest of my Christmas decorations.
- Painted my fingernails with glitter polish. Twice. My nails are now highly festive. And polished for the first time since probably the ’90s.
- Went to the grocery store. (And schlepped what felt like 50 pounds stuff home. Baking season is no joke.)
- Baked my first batch of gingersnaps of the holiday season.
- Attended sprite and Rudi’s annual tree-trimming bash, which was — as always — a great time, with many of my favorite DC people.
- Listened to Christmas music. And maybe danced around my apartment a little.
- Switched my throw pillows to the Christmassy covers I bought in Thailand some years ago. (This was especially exciting because I thought I had lost them, but found them a month or so ago when looking for something else.)
- Played too many games of Words with Friends while watching too many Law & Order/SVU/Criminal Minds re-runs. (Yeah, I squeezed some “typical weekend” in around the holiday goodness.)
- Put on the crockpot to cook tomorrow’s lunch/dinner while I sleep. (Technically, I haven’t done this yet, but if I put it on this list, I have to do it before I go to bed, right?)
Weekending along with Pumpkin Sunrise.