My Baby Wrote Me a Letter

My Baby Wrote Me a Letter

A couple of months back, when the US Postal Service announced its plan to end Saturday mail service, my friend Jenna decided – along with her friend Leslie – to show their support for snail mail by sending letters and postcards to friends and to the folks that read their blogs. I was immediately reminded of my (wholly unsuccessful) plan to send a postcard a week in 2012 and decided the time was right to make that project a success.

And then I waited two months because… dormant blog, general laziness, whatever.

During that time, however, I did solve one of the problems that proved a sticking point in 2012 – that the touristy postcards that are everywhere in DC didn’t really inspire me in any way. To combat this, I ordered a batch of custom postcards, using my own Instagram photos, from moo.com. I am very happy with the way they came out and am looking forward to getting them out in the mail.

So… give me your address and I’ll send you one. Use the linked form (rather than the comments) since it’s private, and please fill it out even if you think I already have your address – just to make sure the one I have is up-to-date. No guarantees when your postcard will arrive, but I’ll get one to you!

6 thoughts on “My Baby Wrote Me a Letter

1. Eileen April 3, 2013 / 11:30 pm

Your nephew would love to get mail. He’ll even send some back. Hugs. (I’m pretty sure you know the address 😉

2. Mom April 4, 2013 / 4:55 am

I followed directions even tho I’m POSITIVE you know the address –you learned it about age 3, I think !! Ha ha.

3. Leslie Farnsworth April 4, 2013 / 7:23 am

Yay! Nothing has made my day since starting this project with Jenna like getting REAL mail in my mailbox. And it’s a gift that keeps on giving: People I’ve sent mail to are now sending mail back and people who’ve read about the project but who never requested a postcard now realize how much I love getting mail and are starting to send me notes from their travels. I’m over the moon!

So glad you’re joining in!
    Leslie

4. iottoknow April 4, 2013 / 8:31 am

That’s a great idea! Where did you get them printed? I could do that with cartoons.

P.S. Jules likes kitties.

5. Shannon April 4, 2013 / 9:34 am

Send one to Maggie. She’d love it. 🙂 See you next month!!

6. maryann April 4, 2013 / 3:54 pm

I think I sent YOU a postcard when you talked about this last year – so, your turn. I just love real mail – you know where to find me 🙂