Re-Entry

Re-Entry

Staycation 2013 is officially over. After six work days – and two weekends! – of leisure and shelf-building, I found myself back on the Metro platform this morning, wearing pants with buttons before noon,* making my way to the office. I survived re-entry back into my normal life, but it will probably be a few days before I feel like I am caught up and on track.

And speaking of re-entry, I think I am heading back into post-a-day blogging. As it turned out, last year’s daily experiment seems to have absolutely ruined my ability to post on an occasional basis, though I managed just fine doing that for the first four years of having this blog. I don’t expect I’ll be quite as militant this time around (translation: I won’t beat myself up if I miss every now and again) but I’m gonna give it a whirl.

***

* If you’re on staycation and you change out of soft pants before lunch, you’re doing it wrong.

12 thoughts on “Re-Entry

1. Eileen April 3, 2013 / 12:09 am

Post a day 🙂 non-militant style, I super like. Missed you. And absolutely on soft pants. That is one of my favorite parts of being a stay-at-home-mom (and maybe one of Chris’s least favorites).
    Anyway, welcome back and Let’s Go C-A-P-S!!!

2. dakani32 April 3, 2013 / 7:18 am

Missed you and your commentators! Glad you reconsidered (this being the week before your b-day). And GO WILD!

3. maryann April 3, 2013 / 9:38 am

I’ve missed your post-a-day…but isn’t there something between daily and rare? Don’t stress yourself!

• Sarah April 3, 2013 / 11:12 pm

There definitely is… but that’s what I planned to do starting in 2013, and managed all of three posts. I’ve apparently lost the knack for regular-but-not-daily posting.

4. Fran April 3, 2013 / 10:11 am

Y.e.a.h.

5. Mom April 3, 2013 / 11:19 am

So glad for this great news!! We ALL need the connections! But don’t harass yourself when you miss a post or two (but that’s all — ha ha!). 😉

6. Mom April 3, 2013 / 12:23 pm

P.S. And here I was justifying “soft pants” until noon cuz I’m retired — but guess that’s sort of permenant staycation, huh?

• Susan April 3, 2013 / 7:25 pm

OK. For some reason I can’t leave a reply of my own, but I can reply to someone else’s. Weird. I have known this for a while, but didn’t really care because I comment so rarely I figured “Who cares?” But I just have to say your blog is a huge way that I keep up with family (I know…I’m lame. I accept it. I pretend it’s because I’m low maintenance…not lazy)…so I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY missed you. So…no pressure…but so many thanks!!!!!!

• Sarah April 3, 2013 / 11:13 pm

Really? That’s totally weird. Does the comment box not show up? Or does it just not work when you try to use it?

7. Sarah April 3, 2013 / 11:27 pm

Thanks, all, for the warm welcome back!

• Susan April 4, 2013 / 8:35 pm

It shows up, but won’t let me put the cursor in. Get this…the box turns bright blue. And I can only hit reply to one comment. So….I can’t reply to your comment because it doesn’t show up. I have to reply to this one. But this computer is ancient…so…

• Sarah April 4, 2013 / 9:53 pm

Yeah, I’m gonna guess you’re having issues w/ an out-of-date browser. You can probably update it, unless your computer is too old to run newer versions. (In which case, you’re probably also dealing with major online security issues…)