The End

Well, folks, here it is: post 365/365 for 2012. I thought I would feel a great sense of accomplishment, but what I am actually feeling is relief. I don’t have to post anything tomorrow. Or the next day. Or the day after that.

I will post again eventually, but it won’t be until I have something to say. I am not entirely sure yet if I’m going to jettison all of my regular fallbacks – 10 on Tuesday, Three Beautiful Things, Sunday Snapshot, etc. – but it is possible.

Despite my eagerness for a break, I have learned a lot from this project. It did help me be more observant, but it also made me realize I need time to reflect on what I am seeing. There were more times than I care to count when I would see/hear/read/think something that was a great start of a post, but I’d dump it because I had to have a post today, and there was no time to do it justice.

So if I have a blogging plan for 2013, it’s to put more time into what I’m writing. This will mean far fewer posts, as my brain is sloooow, but hopefully I’ll be swapping quantity for quality.

For those of you who have stuck with me through this entire year by reading, commenting on, and liking my posts, many thanks. It means more than you know.

11 thoughts on “The End

1. Mom December 31, 2012 / 9:59 pm

WONDERFUL YEAR, Sarah!! And my best & warm wishes to all our blog friends and family for a healthy, loving, and very special 2013!!

2. Fran December 31, 2012 / 10:20 pm

Gonna miss u every day. Am not sure u appreciate how much we enjoy your “view”. But will surely look fwd to spontaneous musings in 2013. Happy New Year, sweet. Love u.

3. spacefuels December 31, 2012 / 10:30 pm

I have been watching and reading all along. You encouraged me. Why? Because I have so many websites that I have to create content for. I totally get it! It would be so nice to actually have time to think about what I am writing. It is always a rush or worse “a push” to get something written. You did a great job. You can write content for me anytime 😉

4. Common Loon January 1, 2013 / 8:55 am

Congratulations, Sarah! There were times I wasn’t sure you’d pull it off, but you sure did! I’ll miss what you have to say and share. There were plenty of times I logged onto the computer just before bed to see what you were up to, and now I think it will be entirely possible to spend many more days not plugged in at all. Thanks for 2012!

5. DJB January 1, 2013 / 3:14 pm

Sarah, a real labor of love. I was always amazed at how you were able to come up with something of value to post (almost) every day. You deserve time to rest and reflect.

6. maryann January 1, 2013 / 4:20 pm

Sarah, I’ll really miss your post-a-day – I thought you did a phenomenal job. I enjoyed vicariously cruising to Alaska, touring gardens and breweries, suffering through hockey and baseball, visiting the Eastern Market (do I have that right?) and especially walking through the White House at Christmas. Keep us posted on the kittens and whatever is coming from your kitchen. Much love.

7. JoAnn January 1, 2013 / 5:04 pm

Sarah, I will add my congrats to others. I kept deleting my thoughts because I sounded more like a stalker than I care to sound. However, you just have such a good feel for life. It is refreshing to read you. You didn’t write to force your readers to agree with you, you expressed yourself in a non-threatening way. You made me smile, laugh and think. Those are three important things for sure! I will not take on such a year long task, but I do hope that I can start writing a little most days, it seems to be an obviously positive task. I’ll let you know how it goes. I still adhere to some snail mail things, like thank you notes when someone goes OVER THE TOP with a surprisingly splendid gift. Watch your mail. Love ya, JoAnn

8. Chris Gladis January 1, 2013 / 5:55 pm

Congratulations! Daily blogging is a hell of a thing, and I’m glad it was a good experience for you…

9. sprite January 1, 2013 / 6:51 pm

366. Leap year. You rocked just a bit more than you thought you did, although clearly we all knew. =)

10. Joanne January 1, 2013 / 9:24 pm

Well, hell, what am I going to read now?

11. randomduck January 2, 2013 / 2:33 pm

Well done! I, too, will miss the daily missives, but I can understand the need to take a break.