As of about 5:30 tonight, I am officially on vacation until the new year. It’s nice to have so much time off, but also kind of odd, because it feels like there is a lot of time left between now and Christmas — probably because I essentially have a complete long weekend to myself before the festivities begin.
Of course, since I have Christmas to celebrate in two states, I feel like there is plenty to get done before I head to Virginia on Monday and Texas on Tuesday.
- Pick up labels and printer ink at Staples.
- Write (and mail) Christmas cards.
- Buy new jeans.
- Wrap presents.
- Watch The Muppet Christmas Carol. And A Christmas Story. And maybe Love Actually again.
- Buy supplies for the cat sitter.
- Dig out my warm-weather clothes.
- Pick up my apartment.
- Do laundry. And dishes.
I suspect this list needs some “checking it twice,” because I feel strongly that I am missing something — or more than one something — because I feel sure I have more to get done than just this!