Today’s 10 on Tuesday topic (from CaroleKnits, as usual) covers something well-established as one of my favorite parts of the holiday season: cookies. Really, the only hard part of this is limiting the list to 10!
1. Chocolate Crinkles. Pretty sure these are the #1 favorite of about 90% of my family, too.
3. Tadelles. I don’t think this is the real name of these cookies, because I can’t Google them and get anything like the recipe I have, but they’re the yummiest cake-like lemon cookies with frosting. (I need to post this recipe — I will own them on the Internet!)
5. Pizzelles. Though I am not usually a huge fan of anise flavor, I do love pizzelles — so crispy and delicious.
6. Buckeyes. My grandma used to make these. I need to find her recipe and start making my own.
7. Thumbprint cookies. Again, another cookie that I don’t know if this is the real name. I’m referring to the little butter cookies with the “thumbprint” of apricot or raspberry jam in them.
8. Peanut Butter Blossoms. It’s been ages since I’ve made these — another of my gram’s signature cookies. Might need to add them to the list this year.
9. “Laura Shaller’s Mother’s Cookies.” These are lemon-iced, cut sugar cookies from a recipe we got from a grade-school friend of my sister’s. We do not ever simply call them lemon cookies. Weird, eh?
10. Cannolis. Yes, I know these aren’t technically Christmas cookies, but when I was a kid, my dad had a client who brought them to us around the holidays (along with the aforementioned pizzelles) so I always associate them with Christmas.
What are your favorites this time of year?