The exhaustion of a hectic week has very suddenly crashed down on me and I want to be asleep in the worst way, but I (of course) need to dash off a quick blog post before I shut out the lights. I’ve got quite a bit to get done this weekend, so I thought I’d share some of that.
Oh, and for the purposes of this post, the weekend started when I walked way from my desk at 5:00, so the first couple of these things have actually already been done.
- Get my hair re-dyed. For some reason, the semipermanent dye used on my hair at my former salon never washed out properly, leaving several hunks of my hair almost black, while the rest was my much lighter natural color. I had the black sections bleached out and then my whole hair dyed back to a nicer shade of brown.
- Have pizza with sprite and Rudi at Pete’s New Haven — a mutual favorite.
- Go to a Christmas brunch at Charles, Jordi, and Cora’s house.
- Make my cranberry salsa for the brunch.
- Bake cookies. I’m thinking chocolate crinkles, gingersnaps, tadelles, and spritz cookies this year.
- Go to the grocery store. I’m missing quite a few things necessary to make the cookies!
- Laundry. I’ve been intensely lax about doing the wash of late, and I am really starting to run out of things.
- Order Christmas (or maybe New Year’s) cards. I have a really specific idea of what I want, though, so it may not be easy.
- Buy my adopt-a-family gifts. I have the mom and need to get a large black purse and a lightly-scented perfume. The former is totally in my wheelhouse – I love purses – but I haven’t worn perfume in years, so recommendations are appreciated.
- Send the invitation for the annual Christmas cartoon sing-along.
I know I have more things on my plate, but I keep nodding off as I type this – I think I’ve corrected all the resulting typos – so I think it’s time to just go to sleep.
What are you up to this weekend?