10 on Tuesday: Random

I didn’t have a lot to say about this week’s topics for my usual 10 on Tuesday prompts, and can’t seem to think of a theme on my own, so here are 10 random things that are floating around in my head…

1. My landlord fixed my furnace, so I came home to an apartment with heat tonight.

2. It’s a totally normal thing to be playing almost 20 games of Words with Friends, right?

3. Harper is never cuter than when she’s sleeping on her back with her paws up. That nose!

20121127-225228.jpg
4. I’m going to see the White House Christmas decorations the week after next, thanks to my friend Jenny, who offered me one of her tickets.

5. Over the last week or so, I’ve realized I’m so sick of the hockey lockout I am barely even bothering to read the updates anymore. And yet, I know I’m gonna be one of the hockey-starved suckers who comes right back after it’s over — just like the owners are counting on. Sigh.

6. I don’t remember who retweeted this article, but it’s one of the most bizarre things I’ve read lately: The Lying Disease.

7. I only play the lottery when the jackpot is big enough to make the news — and therefore when the odds of winning go from “extraordinarily unlikely” to “not a chance in hell.” Guess this means I need to stop by the liquor store and grab a ticket at lunchtime tomorrow.

8. Eight… Eight… I forget what eight was for.

9. I wrote a post for the work blog today. Maybe that’s why I am struggling so much to finish this one — because I’ve run out of words?

10. All that cute in item number three above? It’s tempered by an absolutely ridiculous amount of flatulence. Who knew kittens could dish out toxic farts?

(Sorry. That’s gross, but I couldn’t think of anything else.)

7 thoughts on “10 on Tuesday: Random

1. Eileen November 28, 2012 / 1:47 am

If I have nightmares tonight about toxic cat farts, I’m seriously calling and waking you up!

2. Common Loon November 28, 2012 / 7:18 am

Do not give in to the NHL! 3 lockouts under Bettman and you want to give them you’re hard-earned dollar while many folks who rely on that business are flat-out struggling? Going back would be the most “Republican” thing you could do. Seriously.

• Sarah November 28, 2012 / 7:36 am

Easy for you to say, in the “state of hockey” — you’ve got plenty of non-NHL options, whereas I do not.

• Eileen November 28, 2012 / 8:11 am

Way to throw it down there cousin, with the R word 😉 that made me smile.

I too am torn on this one. I want my Caps back but I think the NHL is rotten to the core and needs to go. I’m so sick of the greed of the super wealthy. (broad generalization I know)

3. Common Loon November 28, 2012 / 8:08 am

Go to all the establishments around the phone booth that need game day business and support them and watch there. Go catch some games in NY. And not completely easy…our oldest has had his heart set on 1 item since 7/4/2012, and he won’t be getting it. Almost daily reminders, but we’re not giving the NHL any of our business for at least 1 year. This should not be normal or acceptable.

4. Common Loon November 28, 2012 / 8:47 am

Oh, and to be honest, there is one – and only one- situation that might make us cave in and attend a single game…but we are more likely to win with our Powerball ticket tonight.

5. Fran November 28, 2012 / 7:39 pm

Kate and Sarah, Soooo glad u bought tickets. Dave and i will apply for adoption when you win. G.o.o.d. L.u.c.k. 🙂