Because the Internet is awesome, it informed me that today is Alaska Day, which I have decided to celebrate by spending more time organizing the photos from my vacation there than blogging. (You all approve, right?)
In order to not shirk my daily post responsibilities, however, I thought I’d share my favorite picture from the trip, which I took when we were at a rest stop on the way from Anchorage to Seward. It was not the most majestic thing we saw, but it was a lovely vista captured in a near-perfect moment – our first bit of sunshine after many gray days. Oh, and there was pie. Really delicious “fruits of the forest” pie.
And in case that has whetted your appetite for more about Alaska, here are my updates from the road, if you missed them the first time around:
- Alaskan Adventure, Day One: Fairbanks
- Alaskan Adventure, Day Two: Fairbanks, Part Two
- Alaskan Adventure, Day Three: The Wheels on the Bus
- Alaskan Adventure Day Four: Denali to Anchorage
- Alaskan Adventure, Day Five: Heading Toward the Boat
- Alaskan Adventure, Day Six: Chillin’ on the High Seas
- Alaskan Adventure, Day Seven: Juneau
- Alaskan Adventure, Day Eight: Skagway
- Alaskan Adventure, Day Nine: Zipping Through Icy Strait Point
- Alaskan Adventure, Day 10: 4th of July, Ketchikan Style
- Alaskan Adventure, Day 11: Miracle at Sea
Oh, I’m also doing one more thing to celebrate – buying some of the Alaskan Brewing beer that I loved, which my brother discovered can be ordered online. Like I said, the Internet is awesome. And Brian’s not too bad, either.