Today’s 10 on Tuesday prompt, from Carole Knits, focuses on one of my favorite things – weekend activities. Here’s my list, in no particular order:
1. Sleep late. Well, I like this all the time, but the weekend is the only time I can really do it.
2. Drink coffee and read on the porch. This is a spring and fall only indulgence, but when the weather is fine, it’s one of my favorite things in the world.
3. See my nephews. Like #1, I’d be happy to do this any day, but – especially now that they’re in school – our schedules mesh best on the weekend.
4. Have brunch. And my neighborhood is full of delicious choices!
5. Take a nap. Usually not on a day that I’ve slept in late, I swear.
6. Cook. I do this much more in the all/winter, but I love getting a week’s worth of meals cooked so I can come home at night to quick and delicious dinners.
7. Do some sort of random activity with friends. Doesn’t really matter if it’s apple picking (like this past weekend), happy hour, a baseball/hockey game, or a Sunday dinner – it’s the hanging out with good people that counts.
8. Go to Eastern Market. It’s a rare weekend that I don’t make at least a quick visit.
9. Do projects. Mostly, the kind of stuff I don’t have enough time to do after work: working in the garden, cleaning out the closets, working on something on the computer – just depends on the weather and the amount of time I have.
10. Be a hermit. It’s kind of the opposite of much of this list, but every once in a while – usually when things have been hectic at the office – I like to spend a day at home being absurdly lazy. There is usually an NCIS or Law & Order: Special Victims Unit marathon involved, or a Netflix binge.
What do you love to do with your weekends?