My list is not really a top 10 insofar as a) it’s not in any particular order and b) it’s split into five fiction and five nonfiction books, but I think it follows the spirit of the prompt, if not the letter.
And since there is no way to caption a photo easily from my iPhone, this will have to do: Four out of the 10 books below have been loaned out, never to be seen again, one is on my Kindle, and here are the other five.
2. The Bluest Eye, Toni Morrison
3. Midnight’s Children, Salman Rushdie
4. Atonement, Ian McEwan
5. Cloud Atlas, David Mitchell
6. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Rebecca Skloot
7. Confederates in the Attic: Dispatches from the Unfinished Civil War, Tony Horowitz
8. First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers, Loung Ung
9. The Year of Magical Thinking, Joan Didion
10. My Life in France, Julia Child
What are your favorite thinky books?