Today’s 10 on Tuesday questions come courtesy of Roots and Rings.
1. Who is your favorite talk show host?
No contest: Jon Stewart all the way.
2. How do you style your hair on a daily basis?
It depends on the time of year. I generally blow it out/flatiron it in the winter, and let it be its messy, curly, natural self in the summer, when humidity makes straightening an exercise in futility. I mix in a liberal amount of “throw it up into a ponytail” year-round.
3. If you were stuck in your bedroom for a week, what would you need in order to not go crazy?
My iPhone, so long as there’s Internet and I get to keep it charged the whole time. It’s got practically everything I need: books (via the Kindle app, music, a few favorite tv show episodes, a movie (currently “Slap Shot”), games, and Facebook/Twitter/the phone to keep me connected outside my room.
4. What are the best non-reality shows on television?
“Mad Men,” “Downton Abbey,” and “Game of Thrones” are my top three, but I also really like “Castle,” “Criminal Minds,” “Once Upon a Time,” and “Big Bang Theory,” among others.
5. Do you mow your own lawn and clean your own house?
No, and not really. The landlord is in charge of mowing, and I have a cleaning service that comes every two weeks, though I do any cleaning that’s required in between.
6. As an adult, what is the best part of summer?
This is a toughie. The long days? Getting to sit on the porch and read? Visiting friends on holiday weekends? Backyard barbecues? Cold beer on a hot day? Playing hooky to go to a ballgame? I can’t pick just one thing.
7. If you could ask one celebrity one question, who and what would you ask?
I’ve been thinking about this all day, and I’ve got no idea whatsoever, either about who or what I would ask.
8. Post a picture.
I played a wild and crazy game of ball hockey with my nephew G this afternoon. Auntie Sarah prevailed, 10 to 8! (Wow. This didn’t look so blurry on my phone. Sorry.)
9. How many books do you read a year?
Not enough – probably only 10-12. I used to read a lot more. Maybe I need to stop watching some of the tv shows in question 4.
10. Which national chain makes the best delivery pizza?
I never order chain pizza because there’s a little place by my apartment that delivers so fast that I can’t quit them, even though the pizza is mediocre at best.
Share your answers in the comments if you wish!