I had planned to switch back to doing Carole’s 10 on Tuesday today, but I couldn’t actually think of 10 good things about coming Home from a vacation. (I mean, I’m sure there are 10, but I got a little stuck after “sleep in my own bed” and “eat on my own schedule.”) So, I meandered over to Roots and Rings, and Chelsea’s 10 questions this week were easy-peasy for me to answer, so I went with that instead.
1. Would you rather give up pedicures or flat/curling irons? Tough choice, but if forced, I’d give up the flatiron. I spend half the year with too much humidity to make straightening my hair anything other than an exercise in futility, and besides… my hair looks much better curly than my feet do without a pedi.
2. Does your middle name have a family meaning? It does. It’s my grandmother’s maiden name.
3. Do you like to sneeze? Generally, I suppose so, unless I’m in pain somewhere else – like when I threw out my back earlier this year, sneezing was excruciatingly painful and I did not like it at all!
4. Do you think kids should need to learn cursive? Yes. Eventually, someone is going to invent a tablet that reads handwriting well/accurately and since a pen is faster than a keyboard, we’ll to transition to some form of electronic writing. Best to be prepared and actually know how to write legibly.
5. When you go to the beach for the day, what do you take? Sunscreen, book, beach chair, water, a towel… Probably other stuff I’m not thinking of – it’s been too long since I’ve been to the beach!
6. Which decade had the best music? I think most people always think the music from their teen years is best, and I am no exception: 80s all the way.
7. Are you a good hand-shaker? I think so. No one has ever accused me of either breaking their fingers or being too wimpy, so either people are really polite, or I’m OK.
8. Do you have a go-to meal for when you are at a restaurant and you can’t decide? No. I rarely am hit with indecision at restaurants – something usually jumps right out at me. The fact that I am not a picky eater (no allergies, not a vegetarian, will try almost anything once) makes it pretty easy.
9. Do you have slippers? Yes. Wearing them now, in fact.
10. Are you easily grossed out? Not that easily, though I do occasionally regret watching “Bones” re-runs while I’m having dinner.
As always, feel free to share your answers in the comments!