Wayback Wednesday: Grandpa’s Girls

Eileen, Grandpa McG, and Me, circa 1977
Eileen, Grandpa McG, and Me, circa 1977

Today’s Wayback Wednesday picture is one I’ve never seen before – or at least don’t recall seeing. It’s Eileen, Grandpa McG, and me up at my grandparents’ house, when I was about six and Eileen about three. It’s one of the photos that someone scanned for the electronic picture frame we got my grandma when she turned 90. I thought I had looked through all of those at least a few times, but I guess not. Eileen has them all on a flash drive, though, so I should probably take a look at all of them while I’m here.

Anyway… aren’t we cute – Eileen with her big smile and me with my adoring gaze? (And isn’t Grandpa being a good sport posing for a picture with us?) After spending a few days of quality time with my nephew James here in Texas, I can see the resemblance to his mom with that sparkly-eyed grin. There are worse things to inherit, right?

8 thoughts on “Wayback Wednesday: Grandpa’s Girls

1. Mom March 14, 2012 / 9:21 pm

Ohhhhh. Grandpa was not being a good sport by any stretch. He WORSHIPED his girls!!!!

And, how that picture makes me miss my Dad…..

2. Fran March 14, 2012 / 9:26 pm

You’ve taken my breath away … that’s how I remember MY Dad, AND how much he adored both of you. Truly special smiles.

3. Joanne March 14, 2012 / 9:26 pm

I would pick both you and Eileen out of a line up of babies. Good grief, your faces haven’t changed a bit.

4. Common loon March 14, 2012 / 10:41 pm

Aw! Eileen’s legs are straight, yet her feet don’t quite reach Grandpa’s knees 🙂

5. sprite March 14, 2012 / 10:50 pm

Had your sister been baking? She kind of looks like she’d been playing with flour — or had a lot of fun with a powder puff on her face.

• Eileen March 15, 2012 / 1:26 pm

Sprite (& Mom), I actually think that is when I had chicken pox. I had them really bad and still have lots of little white scars from all that scratching.

6. Mom March 15, 2012 / 7:41 am

@ Sprite. Me thinks it is flour. Kitchen time was a BIG activity at Grandma’s. I don’t think Grandma even owned makeup 😏

7. Mom March 15, 2012 / 9:18 pm

@ Eileen — sorry, Babe, wrong. You were only about a month old or so when your Bro came home from school with chicken pox…. Sarah followed and then you (and you had an AWFUL case). It was a summer from hell — never to be forgotten by me.