It’s not hard to figure out that today’s 10 on Tuesday prompt, favorite chocolate treats, is inspired by Valentines Day, but (fortunately) it’s a topic that works for the single as well as the coupled. After all, chocolate-love transcends relationships – and the date on the calendar.
My list, in no particular order:
1. Cake. My favorite is my grandma’s chocolate mayonnaise cake, which I will actually get around to posting one of these days.
2. Cupcakes. Some might argue that this is pretty much the same as the one above, but I disagree. And don’t care what the haters (ahem, Wendy) say.
3. Brownies. I’ve said it before, but Baker’s One Bowl brownies are hands down the best – and easiest – scratch brownies on the planet.
4. Chocolate bars. I’m currently obsessed by the ones in the photo, but my go-to favorite is the Chocolove dark chocolate with chilies and cherries.
5. Ice cream. I’ve been in love with Ben & Jerry’s New York Superfudge Chunk since… oh, nearly forever, and while I like other chocolate ice creams, too, it will always be my number-one favorite.
6. Chocolate caramels. Kraft used to make these, but I haven’t seen them in ages. I loved them and would be so happy to find them again. (Note: these are actually chocolate-flavored caramels, not chocolate-covered ones, like Riesen.)
7. Mocha latte. I’m mostly a non-sweet coffee drinker (my gingerbread latte obsession aside) but when I need more pick-me-up than caffeine alone provides, this is my go-to beverage.
8. Chocolate-covered cherries. Or strawberries. Yum and yum.
9. Chocolate chip cookies. Preferably with walnuts. I don’t know why, but that makes them so much better.
10. Hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps. One of the only exceptions to my no-milk-with-alcohol rule. Oddly enough, we drank this a lot in college, despite it being much more complicated than, say, beer.
What’s on your list? And what did I forget? (I wrote this list on the Metro this morning, so I know I have to have missed something obvious.)
Oh, and Happy Valentines Day! Yay, love!