Given that I live in a 600-ish square foot apartment, today’s list prompt, things I can see from my favorite knitting spot, seems like a bit of a cheat. I don’t really have enough space for anything other than my living room to be my favorite place for most activities. But at any rate, here is a partial list of what I can see from my sofa:
1. The television.
2. My all-too-rarely used fireplace.
3. Two bookcases, with lots of books.
4. My desk (from my grandmother) and chair (from my dad’s office)
5. Fold-out chair that turns into a single bed.
6. The Waterford crystal harp I got on my first trip to Ireland.
7. A Wii Fit, barely used.
8. Four plants grown from a philodendron that belonged to my grandfather – who died in 1994.
9. Throw pillows with covers I bought in Bangkok.
10. A print of a painting of Secretariat that belonged to my dad.
And, like, half of everything else I own, realistically, given that I can also see into the kitchen and closet from here.