- Despite my dislike for mornings, I managed to meet friends for breakfast before work today – and I wasn’t even the last one to show up. Good company and bottomless coffee made for a nice way to start the day and took the sting out of the early start.
- I won free suite-level tickets to tomorrows Caps-Panthers games via Twitter. Yay, Internet! Go Caps!
- I’ve got my regular tickets for the Caps-Jets game on Thursday and am going to try to catch a little bit of the pregame warmup to get some pictures for one of my Minnesota nephews, who decided to adopt his dad’s hometown team once they relocated to Winnipeg this season. I am doing this despite the fact that he makes his mom send me trash-talk via email.
- Wednesday is my ice skating lesson – the next to last of the session, I think – and I am not sure my back is up to it. I hate both the idea of losing the money I paid and backsliding on the progress I’ve made, but I also don’t want to hurt myself in some permanent way. Fingers crossed that in two days time by back feels awesome and makes this decision easy.
- My neighbor Maggie, whom I know only via the Internet, and her husband have invited me to a little shindig they’re having on Saturday – and I’ve decided to pretend I’m not someone who is terrified of showing up to parties alone, and am actually going to go.
- Despite having a ton of UFOs (unfinished objects) lying around, I’m starting a new knitting project – a felted sleeve for my Kindle. My friend Julia, in researching covers for her new Kindle, discovered that the model of case I have is the likely culprit of all the freezing/crashing/battery life issues I’ve been having with my Kindle, so I am making my own replacement.
So, that’s my week – plus work, of course – in a nutshell. Enough to keep me busy, I think.