With the big game coming up on Sunday, today’s list prompt could double as party planning whether you’re hosting a fun Giants-themed shindig… Or a Puppy Bowl-watching get together… Or an OMG-Madonna-at-halftime extravaganza.
1. Chips & Dip. My favorite store-bought dip is Heluva Good Bacon-Horseradish, and I like Penzey’s Northwoods spice blend for a homemade dip. Oh, and kettle-type potato chips, please.
2. Queso Dip. Yes, Velveeta and Ro-Tel. Is there any other way to do it?
3. Bread & Sauce. I think this is just a family thing – Italian bread with dipping sauce from our favorite restaurant at home, Little Venice.
4. Seven-Layer Dip. Maybe it’s overkill with the queso, but I don’t think there can be too many Tex-Mex type of dips.
5. Bread Bowl Dip. Yes, this is the fifth dip-related item in a row. So what?
6. Chicken Wings. Buffalo style only: spicy, crispy, and with blue cheese dressing for, uh, dipping.
7. Edible Stadium. I’ve never actually had one of these, so it’s only theoretically one of my favorite Super Bowl party foods. And yet, I know I would love it.
8. Chili. Easy, flexible, delicious, filling. The perfect party food.
9. Brownies. What? You thought I’d make a whole party list without a dessert? The Bakers one bowl recipe is my favorite.
10. Beer. Last but certainly not least. And yes, not actually a food, but all that eating makes a girl thirsty!
Let’s go Giants!