10 on Tuesday: Things I Want to Do in 2012

Let's go Caps!
Let's go Caps!

Unsurprisingly, today’s 10 on Tuesday prompt – things I want to do in 2012 – is resolution focused. I’ve already hit on a couple of these in the first couple of days of the year, so I’ll start with those and build from there.

1 & 2. Focus on discomfort and discipline.

3. Send a postcard every week.

4. Make great memories with my mom on our trip to Alaska.

5. Add a visit to my friend/former roommate Heidi in San Jose to the itinerary while I’m in northern California for my family reunion.

6. Go to Texas to see my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew.

7. Get my eyes fixed. Yes, I want LASIK. Badly. And I finally put enough money in my FSA to do it!

8. Read (at least) one book a month.

9. Dance more. Seeing a bunch of shows in NYC at the holidays made me wish I was a good dancer. I am not, but dancing does make me happy (so long as no one is looking). I don’t know if “dance more” equals taking a class or firing up Just Dance for the Wii, but it’ll be something.

10. See the Caps win the Stanley Cup. Given how recent post-seasons (and, uh, the current regular season) have gone, I’ll settle for a deeper-than-usual playoff run. But eyes on the prize, my beloved team…

What’s on your list for 2012?

12 thoughts on “10 on Tuesday: Things I Want to Do in 2012

1. sprite January 3, 2012 / 1:09 pm

Julia and John and I have been talking about going up to Glen Echo and going dancing at the Ballroom sometime *for*ever now. If I organize an excursion, might you be interested?

• Sarah January 4, 2012 / 2:30 pm

Yeah, sure… though I did mention I am a terrible dancer, right?

2. Eileen January 3, 2012 / 3:00 pm

1. Build a house
    2. Go to Dayton to meet sweet baby Catherine, soon to be my Goddaughter 🙂
    3. Celebrate our 10th anniversary with a fun trip for two
    4. Visit DC/NoVa 3 to 4 times this year so James gets to know his family well
    5. Visit the cousins in Minnesota
    6. Visit NYC – maybe even reprise our 2006 girls trip w/Sarah, Jen & Mom
    7. Get to a Caps post-season game (and see them win THE Cup)
    8. Visit at least one national park (that I haven’t been to before)
    9. Make one new recipe a week
    10. Celebrate Christmas 2012 in my new house with our whole family

Bonus: attend the Kentucky Derby

3. Beth January 3, 2012 / 4:48 pm

I liked your list, especially #3. Great idea!

• Sarah January 4, 2012 / 2:29 pm

Thanks! Hoping I can actually pull it off!

4. Common loon January 3, 2012 / 5:34 pm

Sarah, would you please send us a postcard while you are in Alaska? We have a collection, and the ones from your previous trips are in it.

Eileen, we are considering a NYC trip this summer…should we talk?

I’d like to go public with a list…but that needs to wait until bedtime.

• Sarah January 4, 2012 / 2:28 pm

Sure – I’ll make sure the boys get one from Alaska. Or would one each be better?

5. Pingback: sprite writes
  6. socksformum January 3, 2012 / 8:48 pm

Having my eyes fixed in 2011 was the best thing I have EVER done for myself. I don’t regret it for one second. Hope you can do it. The postcard idea is lovely! Whenever we travel I write a postcard to myself telling myself what I did in that place. It is always fun to get home and read them….LOL Happy New Year!

• Eileen January 3, 2012 / 10:24 pm

What a neat idea. I’ve always tried, and failed, to keep travel journals! Thanks for sharing 🙂

• Sarah January 4, 2012 / 2:32 pm

I am so excited for the eye fixing! Pretty much everyone I have heard from who has done it says the same that you do.

Love the idea of sending yourself a postcard! I might add that to the mix when I am in Alaska this summer.

7. Common loon January 4, 2012 / 7:39 am