Read This. Now.

I work on the Internet for a living. I’m also a passionate fan of it outside the office. As a result, I spend a lot of time online. More than most people. Possibly more than is strictly necessary. A lot of time.

So when I say this blog post is the best, most important thing I’ve read on the Internet in a very long time, believe me. I’ve read the rest of the web, and I know.

Read it. Now. You’ll be glad you did.

These leaves have nothing to do with this post. I just thought they were pretty, so I took a picture.

9 thoughts on “Read This. Now.

1. Tanya Hauptfleisch Palmer November 18, 2011 / 12:56 pm

The link doesn’t appear to be working and it IS important for people to read this.

• Sarah November 18, 2011 / 12:58 pm

Fixed now. That’s what I get for trying to post while simultaneously stuffing a sandwich in my mouth before a meeting. Thanks!

2. Common Loon November 18, 2011 / 1:27 pm

This didn’t come across to me as something new or never-before stated, explained, discussed, etc. This is an imperfect world. Every single person hurts (for any number of reasons mentioned in the article, and millions of others). What do hurting people do? They hurt others! Sometimes, not always, people think they are reaching out in love to another, but that gets messed up too as not a single person is perfect! It is not ANYONE’s job to judge another human. Ever. And yet this is one error that all humans make, consciously or not.

• Sarah November 18, 2011 / 4:03 pm

It’s not new, sure, but I think really eloquently and movingly expressed. And well worth the reminder, always.

3. Common Loon November 18, 2011 / 5:06 pm

I think you are more eloquent and moving when you write about things about which you are passionate.

• Sarah November 18, 2011 / 5:16 pm

Well, thanks! 🙂

4. Chris Gladis November 18, 2011 / 10:23 pm

Good find! Just keep away from the comments – they rapidly and directly turn into hateful shit-flinging in parts, which makes me want to headdesk real hard.