Once upon a time, I decided to knit a skirt. Since then, many things have happened.
- The Olympics, for which the skirt was a knit-along project ended. And then there was a whole ‘nother Olympics.
- My nephew who played peekaboo with the swatch for the skirt started and finished preschool, and is now in kindergarten.
- We elected a new president.
- My sister became a mom, first to a foster baby, and then to James.
- I turned 38. And 39. And then 40.
- DC survived Snowmageddon, a heatwave (well, more than one), and a freakin’ earthquake.
- I knit other things, like socks, and a hat, and more.
And yet, the poor skirt languished, unfinished.
Yes, 1,172 days after I first cast on, the skirt is finally, finally finished.