Crossing Things Off My List, Part One

The Adirondacks, from Prospect Mountain
The Adirondacks, from Prospect Mountain

I’m just back from my long weekend in Albany, where I visited with friends, ate a lot of food, and checked a few things off the list of summer plans I wrote last month. Specifically, I covered items two and three on that list, and kind of hit number five by having drinks – several times – along the Hudson. It wasn’t the Potomac as intended, but my old hometown of Troy has done a lovely job of sprucing up its waterfront, so it will count for the time being.

In order to counteract that “I need a vacation to recover from my vacation” feeling, I’m not heading back to the office until Monday, so there’s a reasonably good chance I’ll cross at least one (buy a grill) and possibly two (start doing yoga again) by the time I head back to the grind. I’ve also covered number 10, having seen Arcade Fire, Mumford and Sons, and U2 in the past month. I’m not gonna lie – I’m pleasantly surprised that I could be more than halfway through the list before hitting the midpoint of summer.

And because I’m not back at the office yet, I actually had time to organize my photos from the trip and make a slideshow already… Now if I could just get my suitcase unpacked!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Oh, and if you want more information on the seven-pound hotdog referenced in the slideshow, Wendy’s got the scoop for you over at Wendalicious.

9 thoughts on “Crossing Things Off My List, Part One

1. Mom July 7, 2011 / 8:40 pm

FANTASTIC **** travelogue. **** LOVE all the photos, particularly of our favorite family places & faces!! THANKS, Hun.

2. Fran July 7, 2011 / 9:36 pm

Great pictorial reminder of beautiful upstate NY … misty for “home”. Thanks, Sarah, for the tour. Love, Auntie Fran

3. Common Loon July 8, 2011 / 7:16 am

Great job on the photos! I can almost smell the pines and funnel cakes and gunpowder…looks like you really had a GREAT trip!!!! You’ve got some awesome friends!

4. Shannon July 8, 2011 / 9:12 am

I can personally attest that Sarah thoroughly enjoyed her steamers. We almost didn’t get them and finally managed to order them on the very last night. They were either not on the menu or not available when she tried to order them elsewhere during the trip.

I was pretty determined to get her the steamers because they were the feature picture on That Blog Post which was WordPressed and subsequently viewed about a million times. If we had not crossed that one off the list, I would have considered this trip a minor failure. I say minor because the rest of the trip was most excellent.

Speaking to the Lost in the Adirondacks picture, we really should have gotten a picture of the unpaved hill from Hell that I drove my car down…now THAT was an adventure!

5. Eileen July 8, 2011 / 10:40 am

Loved the photos and shared memories. Thank you 🙂

As for the list, I’ve completed numbers 1, 5 & 9 from my list. Number 2 (beach) starts Sunday. I’m excited cause I think at least three if not four more are achievable by Labor Day. The final two have come and gone and alas were never really doable this year.

• Eileen July 16, 2011 / 10:25 am

#2 done and it was fantastic, awesome, relaxing AND James learned to sleep through the night 🙂

And bonus we got 2/3 of #4 – tomatoes and white sweet corn (no crabs) though we did see a few in the water. Btw, the corn was disappointing. 😦 tomatoes were yummy tho