Summer Days, Driftin’ Away…

Mmm... steamers!
Mmm... steamers!

Even though I’ve been at the office three days this week, I’ve been feeling fairly vacation-y – probably a combination of Memorial Day being the official “kickoff” of the summer season and the fact that I’m taking a day off tomorrow to spend time with my sister while she’s in town. I suspect that’s the reason I looked at yesterday’s Daily Post recommendation – make a top ten list of things to do this summer – and thought, “Oh, I need to do that!”

1. Go to the beach. This is already planned – I’m joining a bunch of friends on a house rental in Cape May in August.

2. Go to the Adirondacks. I have a feeling this might come to pass as the girls’ weekend I’m planning with Wendy and Shannon while I’m in New York in July.

3. Eat steamers (with beer). For reasons I can’t explain, steamed littleneck clams are not a summertime bar food staple in DC the way they always seemed to be in Albany, so that’s on my list of musts when I’m visiting this year.

4. Go to the races. I haven’t been to Saratoga since the summer after my dad died, so I need to find out if I can stow away in my brother’s car on one of his trips this summer.

5. Have drinks down on the waterfront. The Potomac makes for a nice backdrop for cocktails, but I rarely go down there (other than for ballgames) and want to rectify that this year.

6. Go to a Caps rookie or training camp practice. I’ve never done this before, but it seems like a good way to get a little hockey fix in the summertime.

7. Read five books.This is a fairly arbitrary number, but I haven’t been reading enough lately, and I think I can manage five books before Labor Day. (Currently, I’m thinking A Game of Thrones, Cleopatra: A Life, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Thursday Next: First Among Sequels, and The Spring of the Ram, but this could all change depending on what strikes my fancy.)

8. Buy a new grill. My grill died last spring, and I never got around to replacing it. I can’t really imagine another summer without one.

9. Start doing yoga again. I was a fairly devoted student of yoga for years, but stopped going to classes longer ago than I care to admit, and I’ve been missing it terribly. Time to get back to it.

10. Go to outdoor concerts. I already have tickets for a couple of shows (Arcade Fire and Mumford & Sons) but I’m hoping to add a few more to the list.

So that’s my list… What do you have planned for the summer?

118 thoughts on “Summer Days, Driftin’ Away…

1. Rudi June 2, 2011 / 10:31 pm

The beach house sounds lovely! Beach trips are a must this summer.

If lawn seats are still available for Katy Perry, grab one so you can come with us!

• Sarah June 2, 2011 / 11:12 pm

Last time I looked, they were either sold out or Merriweather’s ticking system was freaking out again. But I’m going to be at training out at Woodlawn Plantation that whole week (nearish to Woodbridge), which will make getting to MD for a concert challenging. So, I think I’m gonna have to miss out, alas. You and sprite are gonna have to rock the Daisy Dukes for me. 😉

• jessiethought June 4, 2011 / 8:06 am

Going to Williamsburg today!

2. Eileen June 2, 2011 / 11:20 pm

XX 1. DC – family, friends, good weather & fun
    2. Beach – scheduled 🙂 new adventure in July to Kiawah, South Carolina
    3. Saratoga – if only I could make this happen this year…
    4. Crabs, tomatoes, sweet white corn – this is unlikely this year too 😦
    XX 5. Dining al fresco w/friends
    6. Baseball (outdoors, a rarity in Houston)
    7. Shakespeare Festival at Miller Outdoor Theater (been talking about going for four years; maybe this is the summer!)
    8. 4th of July fireworks & concert somewhere fun (Miller Outdoor Theater)
    XX 9. See Fire Flies in all their glory
    10. Gettysburg / Civil War Institute. An old standby that isn’t gonna happen this summer.

3. Chris Otto June 2, 2011 / 11:31 pm

June is my “living the dream” month. I’m a featured guest artist at the VA Comicon next weekend, a small press exhibitor at the DC con 6/19 (free admission, DC readers of Sarah’s blog; come get a free sketch of your dog! Hope you don’t mind me plugging myself here, Sarah), and if the stars align, a table in Artist’s Alley at the American Library Assiciation’s annual conference in New Orleans 6/24-27, with a visit with my favorite Aunt and Uncle thrown in.
    I will be in DC a lot, I hope, visiting my sister, and you, of course, which is something I always regret not doing more often. We live too close to only see each other once or twice a year. Looking forward to a great summer, and we’ll have to find some steamers while I’m up there at some point, I love ’em.

Sorry for the lengthy comment, I’m feeling wordy tonight.

4. triotriotrio June 3, 2011 / 12:22 am

Nice list – thanks for some good ideas. The only thing that I can add is that your book list looks far too responsible. I am only reading brain candy this summer.

5. Common Loon June 3, 2011 / 8:42 am

@ Eileen: Doesn’t Hopkins have an alumni dinner or something where you might be able to snag some of #4? I can’t remember the deal you got some years ago, but I know it involved crabs!

This is a working summer for me…not that I’ll get paid, though. I did already accomplish the first item, which was to finish a reupholstering project. Most of the stuff involves the kids (since I’m losing them to school & activities during 3/4 of the year) but for once DH & I got smart and scheduled one date per month this summer: WOOHOO!!!

6. Shannon June 3, 2011 / 9:36 am

Then we must go to McIntyre’s when you’re here.

They have, hands down, the best steamers in the area. I think they steam them IN some kind of ale concoction thereby enhancing the beer/steamers experience x2. Oh so good.

7. theveryhungrybookworm June 3, 2011 / 10:31 am

I want to run in my first 5k. It will help inspire me to run and it is for a good cause! I know what you mean about the littlenecks. I live right outside of Albany and they are everywhere during the summer.

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 8:39 am

Glad to know I’m remembering that right… Sometimes I think I miss steamers so much that I just *tell* myself they were everywhere.

Thanks for stopping by & commenting!

8. Mikalee Byerman June 3, 2011 / 10:37 am

Oh man…craving steamers now! Thanks a whole lot…

😉

You’ve inspired me to try welcoming summer a bit myself — even though it snowed yesterday. Ugh.

Great post!

Mikalee

Mikalee’s latest post, “My Big Fat Poop Wedding,” is at http://mikaleebyerman.wordpress.com/

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 8:40 am

It snowed were you are? Ugh! So sorry!

• charlywalker June 6, 2011 / 8:59 am

Mikalee..it’s June…where do you live in the Alps???

LOL..snow?

9. Niki Fulton June 3, 2011 / 10:48 am

Your “steamers” look delicious. We have great shell fish here in Scotland and you’ve put me in the mood to get some, thank you. Enjoy your summer.

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 8:43 am

I wish I could add “go to Scotland again” to my list – I had a lovely visit to your country a few years back. I’m not sure I sampled the shellfish, though. That gives me an excuse to go back, right?

10. Abby June 3, 2011 / 10:50 am

I had steamers for the first time last year and, with a nice cold beer, they were the perfect summer food. I also got all the juice from a pot of muscles dumped on my lap by a waitress. That is something I wouldn’t recommend. Smelled quite rank all the way home.

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 10:52 am

Speaking as a former waitress, she probably felt almost as bad as you did – spills (esp gross-smelling or staining) are so embarrassing!

11. David Garber June 3, 2011 / 10:51 am

you go down to the Potomac for ball games? 😉

• Sarah June 3, 2011 / 11:01 am

There’s some big ol’ river behind my seats on the first base side. (Makes for a nice breeze on a hot day.) Are you telling me, though, that it’s turned into the Anacostia by then?

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 8:50 am

Both of the concerts are this week – I can hardly wait!

12. gaycarboys June 3, 2011 / 11:38 am

It sounds delightful. Thanks for sharing

13. Magnet for Foolishness June 3, 2011 / 11:45 am

I love this list. Especially the last four. For #9, you should try bikram if you haven’t already!

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 8:44 am

Ooh… I don’t know if bikram is for me. I *do not* like being too hot!

14. Bruno Prado June 3, 2011 / 12:21 pm

Everytime I see something reffering to old times – as the title – I have a predisposition to like it. And I love too plays with words, then I see “Que sera, Sarah”.
    Congratulations. I liked your blog from the titles 🙂

15. Catherine June 3, 2011 / 12:31 pm

Great list! On my summer list is to travel somewhere by myself. I’ve been so afraid to travel alone since my ex fiance and I broke up, but I’m so sick of staying at home simply because I don’t have a partner to travel with! Now I just have to figure out where…

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 10:53 am

As someone who has been very single for a very long time, I travel alone a lot. The first time is difficult, but it gets easier. Make sure you always have something to read with you – it passes the time and also provides a helpful barrier if people get too chatty.

16. Julia June 3, 2011 / 12:45 pm

This is awesome! I loveee steamers, have them as much as I can when I go out with my relatives who love seafood. I took yoga almost a year ago and really want to get back into it. One of my goals this summer is to start my photography collection

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 10:58 am

Love photography! I need to get my photos organized and on Flickr one of these days. I love to take pictures, but am really lazy about doing anything with them.

17. Pingback: sprite writes
  18. midnitechef June 3, 2011 / 12:53 pm

I’m hoping to travel in July as well 🙂 Reading more (cook) books is on my list of to-do’s, and getting my son ready for kindergarten!

Congrats on FP!

• Willow Finishing Course June 4, 2011 / 11:11 am

I *love* to read cook books. They’re so full of information and yumminess that I can’t resist them.

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 8:47 am

Thanks! It’s been very exciting to be on FP!

I had never thought of reading cookbooks – I just use them for reference, though I do like reading books about food!

19. Willow Finishing Course June 3, 2011 / 1:11 pm

You totally make me want to drink cocktails on a warm summer evening. That sound sooooo good.

20. thatgirlwithablog June 3, 2011 / 2:35 pm

Hah! JUST started reading Thursday Next! I’ve read all the previous ones back to back and I already have One of Our Thursdays Is Missing waiting in the wings! Such good books!

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 10:50 am

They’re such fun, aren’t they? Very wink-wink to all the classics. I got started back when the first one, The Eyre Affair was fairly new and always look forward to the newest ones. I’m not sure how I ended up a book behind at this point, though!

21. Lakia Gordon June 3, 2011 / 3:09 pm

#8–Can’t live without it!

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 11:03 am

I honestly don’t know how I made it thru last summer… hoping to get the new one this upcoming weekend.

22. bobcb518 June 3, 2011 / 3:28 pm

I just did no. 5, 8 and 10 this past week. I need to work on the book list. This was a fun post.

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 11:04 am

Camping falls on the list of things I want to love more than I do. But it’s been a while since I’ve gone, so maybe it’s time to give it another chance…

23. newsy1 June 3, 2011 / 4:19 pm

I’ve got a couple of writing assignments on places I have actually always have wanted to go to in Chicago. So, I will be hanging out around the Lakefront. Can’t wait.

24. theroadcrew June 3, 2011 / 4:32 pm

I was always a big beach fan myself…

25. lauralacey June 3, 2011 / 5:52 pm

Thanks for this post… some cool ideas and while I’ve never heard of Steamers, not sure what the equivalent would be in the UK, it sounds damn good!!

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 11:06 am

I don’t know what the equivalent would be either. Do you have any kind of native smallish clams? If so, that would work. Then I think they’re just cooked in water (sometimes w/ beer thrown in) and served w/ melted butter. And more beer. 🙂

26. eva626 June 3, 2011 / 6:15 pm

i have to start yoga and running again…thanks for the reminder!!!

27. charlie nitric June 3, 2011 / 7:38 pm

Hello Sarah –

You have a very busy summer planned for certain. I think the Caps rookie camp would be fun and love to sit on the shores of the Potomac also. The Adirondacks, the races, and of course the beach always a must (summer time) too. Everything planned is cool except the clams. I’d so have to replace them with another sea food choice. LOL, they just won’t go down right with me. Happy Friday evening to you. 🙂

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 11:08 am

I feel about oysters the way you do about clams… Just can’t do it. (Strange, I realize, since they’re fairly similar. I think it’s because oysters are so big.)

28. mmorreale June 3, 2011 / 8:15 pm

your summer sounds like it is going to be tons of fun! I live at the beach and have the sound on the other side of the island, but sadly I probably won’t be engaging in any of that this summer. I envy your ability to travel!

• Joe Labriola June 4, 2011 / 7:59 pm

By ‘the sound’ do you mean the Long Island Sound? Cause that’s something that you shouldn’t miss this summer if that’s the case!

29. Chris Gladis June 3, 2011 / 9:29 pm

Sounds like a very nice way to spend the summer. And congratulations on being Pressed!

30. achilliad June 3, 2011 / 10:05 pm

Five ooks?? ‘Tween now and Labor Day?? Wow. Even going back to my English classes in college, I always noticed how women must be speed-readers! lol I could NEVER do FIVE plus all the spit I have to write and do in life, so KUDOS to you on that and congrats on being Pressed like some Freshly steamed in garlic/parsley/butter clams (slightly baked with shellfish bread crumbs on the grill and a dash of lime in your “summer beer”. 😀

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 11:09 am

I’m not sure I’m going to get them all done either, but I wanted an ambitious goal!

31. whatstevedoes June 3, 2011 / 11:13 pm

I love Game of Thrones! Good choice.

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 11:09 am

I’ve been enjoying the show on HBO, and since books are usually better than tv/movie adaptations, I thought I’d give the books a try.

32. stellycious stella June 4, 2011 / 3:02 am

No summer here in Jakarta.. 🙂
    Here, we’re entering the peak time of business 🙂
    Anyway, Happy Summer all 🙂

33. DrAnthonysBlog June 4, 2011 / 10:22 am

Great list! Mine will include going to the beach, visiting more places I have never been, and enjoying the sun!

34. ambermartingale June 4, 2011 / 11:52 am

Nice list, Sarah. Good luck and have fun. I participate in a SUmmer Reading Program at the Belleville Public Library in Belleville, Illinois. I have only done this since they first started an Adult division the year before last.

You are only required to read THREE books bewtween June 6th and July 3.

Each year the reading program has a theme and this year it’s a take-off on the Shakespeare play “A Midsummer’s Night’s Dream” called “A midsummer’s KNIGHTS Dream.”

As for the rest of the list you posted…I hope you get to do them all.

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 11:36 am

I should see if there is a similar program here in DC – maybe that will help keep me motivated. I haven’t been reading nearly enough, so my list is *really* ambitious.

35. ambermartingale June 4, 2011 / 11:59 am

Oh..forgot to mention a couple books I’d reccomend if you like mysteries.

I would reccomend the “Mrs. Murphy Mysteries” by Rita Mae and Sneaky Pie Brown. I would also reccomend the “Hannah Swensen Mysteries* by Joann Fluke. Both series involve murders. The diofferenmce are literraly differences in the professions of the heroines and their geographic locations. When the Mr. Murphy Mysteries begin, Mrs. Murphy, a tiger cat and her mistress, Mary Minor (Harry) Harristeen live in Crozet, Virginia and Harry is the postmistress. The first book in he series is called *Wish You Were Here.* The mysteries are usually solved first by the cat, then Harry and THEN the Albemarle County Sherrif.

The Hannah Swensen Mysteries however are set in Lake Eden, Minnesota and Hannah is the owner of a bakery called *The Cookie Jar.* The first book in the series is called *Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder* and each Hannah Swensen novelincludes recipies for some of the cookies mentioned in the plot…including,in this case, the chocolate Chip Cookies.

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 11:38 am

I read mysteries only occasionally, but my mom’s a big fan, so I’ll pass these recommendations on.

• ambermartingale June 6, 2011 / 11:58 am

OK. If you change your mind, I hope you ejoy the Hannah Swensen series the best…especially if you like to bake. The recipes sound wonderful though quite large.

36. wrap me in phyllo dough June 4, 2011 / 12:24 pm

Go Game of Thrones!! You are in for a treat. Martin is a great writer, and breaks ALL the rules! Just wait til you get to A Storm of Swords–it’s a beast. Happy reading!

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 11:38 am

I didn’t realize how long A Game of Thrones was when I put it on my list – it’s a doozy. I’m kind of daunted to hear they get longer as the series goes on!

37. Ian Rowcliffe June 4, 2011 / 1:15 pm

Oh, your list is far too active for these parts (North of Portugal). I plan to head for water whether it be our stream or spring water pool. And a glass or two of our ‘green’ white wine, of course. I’d like to get to the sea but have a five horses to take care of which keeps me too busy to make the 80 kilometer journey.

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 11:41 am

Wine and horses in Portugal sounds like a splendid summer. I’m sure it’s not exotic to you, but it sure sounds that way to me!

38. lifewellblended June 4, 2011 / 2:21 pm

I made my own list recently too but it has to do with me doing 50 things before my 50th birthday. (http://lifewellblended.wordpress.com/about/50-before-50 )
    I do like your list, especially the steamers and beer. Around here I don’t see that on very many pub menus. I know what you mean about Memorial Day being the summer kickoff…I feel the same way and went to beach on Memorial Day, which also happened to be my birthday this year.
    Congrats on your FP post!

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 11:57 am

Thanks – very exciting to be on Freshly Pressed!

I had wanted to do a 40 before 40, but didn’t have time by the time I heard of the idea. Good luck on your list!

39. monicastangledweb June 4, 2011 / 4:19 pm

You’re off to a great summer. Love your plans and admire your ability to read so many books in one summer. For me, I’m lucky if I can get through one, what with all I have going on. Plus, I’m not planning on taking any vacation until October. But I live near the ocean so I will be looking for pockets of time to enjoy summer. Congrats on being Freshly Pressed! (I was, too)

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 12:15 pm

Thanks – and congrats to you, too!

And, jury’s still out on whether I’ll manage to read that much. Fingers crossed!

40. Pamanner June 4, 2011 / 5:05 pm

You had me at #1. Beach house rental on the Cape? I dream 🙂

41. Tim HIll June 4, 2011 / 6:47 pm

What a superb idea for summer, a top 10 to do list. Why I’ve never thought to do that for myself I’m not sure. My #1 is to finally visit the Baseball Hall of Fame which I’m doing this month. We’re going through Albany—anything to see in Albany that I can see quickly? Thanks.
    Tim Hill

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 12:22 pm

While you’re in Cooperstown at the Hall of Fame, you should also swing by the Farmer’s Museum – esp. if you’ll be traveling with kids. I remember really liking it on my 5th grade class trip (30 years ago, so maybe take that with a grain of salt). In Albany, the New York State Museum is good to visit, as is the state capitol building (very cool architecture). Between Albany and Cooperstown is Howe Caverns, which is fun to visit if you like natural wonder type things.

42. spacefuels June 4, 2011 / 7:00 pm

I enjoy your blog. One of my favorite trips is to Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling Water house in PA, USA. I recommend it to anyone who lover Lloyd Wright as an artist and architect. It is inspiring <a herf="http://lloydwrighthouse.com/&quot; Falling Water Blog

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 11:35 am

Oh, Fallingwater should have been on my list. My seven-year-old nephew is obsessed with it (because of the LEGO set) and his mom and I are hoping to take him this summer.

• ambermartingale June 6, 2011 / 12:01 pm

When I was in grade school…I went to the Scottsdale Center for the Arts for a field trip when they did an exhibit in cooperation with FLW’s Taliesin West and walked threough a replica of his USONIAN House.

It was fun, spacefuels.

43. Janis June 4, 2011 / 7:11 pm

sounds like great summer plans to me. enjoy and see you at the Corsey’s in July

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 8:54 am

Oh, great! So glad to hear you’ll be there, too. Really looking forward to seeing everyone!

44. Maria June 4, 2011 / 7:29 pm

Good list but summer slips by so fast – unless you’re in Texas and then it’s around for 5 or 6 months *laugh*

Be interesting to check back in a few weeks and see how you’re getting on with progress through the list.

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 12:24 pm

Haha – my sister (and co-blogger) lives in Houston and always complains about how long it stays hot!

I’ll be crossing the concerts off the list (at least the ones for which I have tickets) this week – not sure how quickly the rest of the list will progress.

45. jessicaber June 4, 2011 / 8:12 pm

My dad’s family is from The Cape and my mother is from Vermont and owns a camp on a lake in Vermont. My uncle created Cape Cod Potato Chips and Late July Crackers. I went to college in Arizona because I like the sun. I think that this is something that I am an expert on.

46. Joanne June 4, 2011 / 8:45 pm

53 comments? Whoa. People are obviously very excited about their summer plans! My only plan is surviving stage managing Hairspray whilst pregnant. I can’t have more ambition than that!

47. erlbiggirl June 4, 2011 / 10:03 pm

defo outdoor concerts this summer, planning to watch the oxegen concert in july.. drinks on the waterfront is definitely on the list

48. Sara June 5, 2011 / 12:30 am

Nice post. I’ve been meaning to write one about the things I want to accomplish this summer just to hold myself accountable.

I just wanted to tell you, I’m currently reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and it is AMAZING. I highly recommend it. I’ll be posting a review of it either before or shortly after my book club meeting on the 10th.

-Sara

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 12:26 pm

Glad to hear you’re enjoying it. I’ve heard lots of good things and am looking forward to getting started. I’ll keep an eye out for your review.

49. creativeconfessions June 5, 2011 / 1:51 am

Hmm… All good ideas! Let’s see what I’ll do this time around…

Thanks for sharing!

50. Mun June 5, 2011 / 2:00 am

Your post made me think of THIS song———> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHrJda73pNs

Now I can’t stop humming it in my head! 😀 Love the song though, so it’s all good.

Nice list. Good luck and hope you have loads of summery fun while you’re at it 🙂

51. the island traveler June 5, 2011 / 2:38 am

Sounds like a great Summer fun is on it’s way for you. Going to the Beach is worthy of being on your top list. Congrats.

52. l0ve0utl0ud June 5, 2011 / 6:58 am

This is a great idea, I had made a similar list for spring! Your summer plans sounds lovely. How about adding doing yoga on the beach? 🙂

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 12:28 pm

I’m not sure my yoga form is good enough to be seen in public… maybe if I end up on a quiet stretch of beach!

53. charlywalker June 5, 2011 / 10:07 am

ok..can I join you?? I’m free in August! LOL

I love the pic of the clams….

spread the humor:charlywalker.wordpress.com

54. thor27 June 5, 2011 / 1:13 pm

Steamed clams in beer hell yeah with melted butter !!
    That’s New England !!! Nice blog come visit http://thor27.wordpress.com

55. cabell07 June 5, 2011 / 5:17 pm

Hey Sarah, I really enjoyed reading your post about your plans for the summer. Sounds super fun. I’m new to WordPress and trying to get my name out there. Lessee, my summer plans include:
    -find a job
    -go on a mission trip to Honduras
    -maybe sell some jewelry
    -learn a lot

Also, my blog page is called Tick Tock Writer’s Block if you want to check it out

56. Sue Tornai June 5, 2011 / 10:47 pm

Loved your blog, Sarah. In answer to your question, my husband, John, and I plan to go to Lake Almanor in California this summer and spend two weeks out of each month there. We wanted to start before now but it’s still raining/snowing and cold here in California. The places you mentioned sound quite intriguing to me. My dad was from New York but I’ve been there only a couple times. Have a wonderful summer. I’ll check back with you.

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 12:29 pm

Raining, snowing, and cold in California? You’ve just shattered all my illusions of it being the perfect-weather state.

Two weeks a month at a lake sounds heavenly… Enjoy!

57. CrowdTheories June 5, 2011 / 11:04 pm

Aren’t all these are tough when you try read 5 books. it can go 2 ways:

1) you can get addicted to reading more books afterwards which limit you to do everything else.
    2) You can try to do all these and not have time to read even 2 books because it’s too fun.

58. Eva McCane June 5, 2011 / 11:30 pm

i’ve never had steamers…i’ll have to try them. i’m nervous about the texture but i’ll try anything once!

59. artreviewed June 6, 2011 / 2:17 am

I am really jealous! Mumford and Sons! I love them! They will be awesom! Sounds like you have got your summer sorted! 🙂 Congratulations on making FP too!

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 12:30 pm

Thanks – FP placement has been very exciting. Lots of new readers.

I’m a new convert to Mumford and Sons. Never heard of them before the Grammys, but am now totally addicted!

60. thirtysquared June 6, 2011 / 8:32 am

hiya
    what a lovely list! :o)
    and i can highly recommend Henrietta Lacks – superb (even for a total science idiot like myself)
    x

• Sarah June 6, 2011 / 12:31 pm

I’m not very science-minded either, and I’ve heard it’s good for folks like us!

61. FinallyFast June 6, 2011 / 2:15 pm

I can cross beach visit off of my list for this summer (although I do plan to go again). Yoga sounds amazing, I’ve never been a student but would like to check it out. I have Toby Keith on my list of outdoor concerts and also to head down the water front to watch the fireworks with my son for the first time.

62. TweeCo June 7, 2011 / 8:50 pm

Oh… my summer list matches 4 out of 10 on your list! #1, 7, 9, 10
    Agree!

63. Renée A. Schuls-Jacobson June 8, 2011 / 10:02 pm

Crazy as this sounds, my plan is to write. U have to finish my manuscript and query it before another academic year rolls around. This. Is. Ridiculous. So yeah. Writing.

And taking short walks so as to give my chair a break. 😉

Eat a few extra steamers for me.

Congrats on being Squished Flat!

64. realanonymousgirl2011 June 17, 2011 / 1:41 pm

I would be doing everything on your list if I lived in the same area except for 6 & 8 and well maybe the one about yoga since I already practice. Happy Vacation!!!