Unremarkable Me

Wayback Wednesday is being preempted by some super good co-blogger news (and co-blogger illness) but will return next week…now for the news:

April has been the month of post-baby James tests and check ups for Mama.  Today was neurology.  After 6 MRI’s (brain, c-spine, and full spine – with and without contrast) my scans were pronounced “unremarkable” with “no acute activity” in the brain.  I’ve never been so happy to be pronounced boring and dumb in my life 😉

What that really means twofold. (1) There are no new lesions and (2) because the Copaxone (medicine) has been so effective at stopping new disease from occurring my body has had time to heal itself, as in the old lesions are going away!!!  That’s the best news and we are thrilled!

Going forward I will need to keep taking my meds and check in with the doc in 18 months to 2 years.  How cool is that?

The other check-ups with the OB and endocrinologist went well also.  One set of labs showed high liver enzymes, which will need follow-up, but are most likely due to that baby weight that is still hanging on (sigh), so fewer carbs and more exercise should hopefully do the trick.  If nothing else, it will help me get back into my closet as I have few outfits that work at the moment 😦

In other news…

• Sarah came back from celebrating her birthday sick 😦
  • James cut his first tooth Monday (bottom center)
  • James is scooting/crawling
  • James is talking and laughing a lot more. We’ve discovered he’s actually quite ticklish
  • The Caps start their playoff trek tonight at the Verizon Center against the NY Rangers.  Let’s go Caps!!

We celebrated my boring dumbness with gelato…the weight loss regimen can start tomorrow! Here’s to hoping your Wednesday was/is as wonderful as ours!

7 thoughts on “Unremarkable Me

1. sprite April 13, 2011 / 7:14 pm

That is great news, Eileen. Congratulations!

2. Mom April 13, 2011 / 7:48 pm

Your Momma, as you know, is NUMB and OVERJOYED with relief for you and Chris and James and all the family!!!!

There is a message here to be shared in blog land: Whenever anyone gets a chance to participate in a clinical trial of new meds, if you have something that warrants it, DO IT!!! One never knows who will benefit. Eileen’s Dad never dreamed his own darling youngest daughter could be one of the beneficiaries of all our treks to an MS clinic nearly 200 miles from our home, with testing, studies, etc etc. 25+ years ago. I am smiling here on earth with tears and know Dad is doing the same “up there”. HUGS!!!

• Eileen April 14, 2011 / 8:19 am

Let’s leave numb out of it! 🙂 just be joy filled! Love you too

3. susan April 13, 2011 / 8:23 pm

Loved talking to you tonight…such great news!!!!

4. Joanne April 13, 2011 / 10:02 pm

Eileen, I’m so so happy for you! What wonderful news!

5. Common Loon April 13, 2011 / 10:23 pm

God is good! Yeah for you!!!! Yeah for the three of you!!!! Yeah for all of us! Yes, you’ve followed doctors orders for the past few years (no small task), but I’d also like to applaud your husband who has stuck by you in all of this, not knowing that this was some awesome news that he (and James…another miracle) would (ever?) get to hear. Yes, by all means celebrate being “unremarkable!!!!”

As a side note, Dad is happy to learn of this, too.

6. Shannon April 14, 2011 / 10:20 am

I am totally overjoyed from the news. Congrats on being boring and unremarkable. 🙂

Now go enjoy that beautiful baby boy of yours!