1. Opening the windows…there is a brief period in spring & fall in Texas where the heat is off and the AC is not needed for either cool or humidity control and I LOVE this time.
2. This same period occasionally affords an opportunity to hang dry clothes outside, which I also adore.
3. The arrival of Robins, Cardinals & Bluejays.
4. The ability to engage in all manner of outdoor activities without sweating to death – walks, play in the park, hang on the beach, etc.
5. Spring in Houston is synonymous with rodeo. While there is very little in Texas that I have taken to, I do really enjoy bull riding, mutton busting, and a good calf scramble. It’s become a bit of a March tradition. Even Sarah has gotten in on the goodness!
6. If it’s spring, it’s time for post-season hockey. Let’s go CAPS!!
7. This spring, like last, has involved learning how to sit up, scoot, and crawl as well as teething. It’s fun (and a bit sad) to watch our munchkins grow so fast. But we’re ever more grateful that with James there is no fear of missing every milestone. 🙂
8. I too love more daylight hours and despise daylight savings time.
9. Azaleas are in bloom and Texas bluebonnets are next. Keep an eye out for pictures in the next couple weeks.
10. Girl Scout Cookies! 🙂 Do-si-dos and Samoas please!