Today’s 10 on Tuesday list prompt is a fairly simple one – though, as you can see by the fact that I have a couple of items that would qualify as “multiple listings,” narrowing down the list was the hardest part.
1. Fresh-cut grass. It’s hell on my allergies, but I don’t know if there is anything that smells better.
2. Crayons. Nothing epitomizes childhood like the scent of a new box of Crayolas.
3. The beach. Salt, sun, sand… It makes me relax just thinking about it.
4. Coppertone suntan lotion. It makes me think of the beach in general – and more specifically, of going to the beach with my family when I was a kid.
5. Baking desserts. I couldn’t decide between apple pie, chocolate chip cookies, and brownies, so I’ll lump them into one delicious listing.
6. Coffee. There are times when I think maybe I love the smell of coffee even more than I love coffee. If only aromas had caffeine…
7. Lilacs. Growing up, my bedroom had a lilac bush outside of both the front and back windows. They bloomed every May, and as a result, they represent both spring and home to me.
8. Rosemary. A lot of folks in my neighborhood grow rosemary in their front yards or tree boxes, and I find that I always run my fingers through it as I walk by to get the smell on my hands. Guess that must mean I like it!
9. Pine. I find the Christmassy-type pines to be lovely, of course, but for this one I mean the scent of the long-needle pines that remind me of the cottage in the Adirondacks where I spent so many childhood summers.
10. Oranges. And Bacon. Not together. I just couldn’t decide which of these two delicious smelling foods would get the last spot, so they’re sharing.
What scents make you happy?