10 on Tuesday: Things On Your Nightstand/Bedside Table

Today’s 10 on Tuesday prompt is an easy one: Things On Your Nightstand/Bedside Table. I actually have two nightstands all to myself, what with the being single and all.  (See? It’s the life!) They’re kind of smallish, though, so I doubt they would actually hold 10 items each on their own. Anyway…

1. Lamps – These belonged to my grandmother and are not really my style, but I like that they were hers, and so I keep them.

2. A plant – I brought the plant in when I was decorating for the holidays to get it out of the way, but decided to leave it there when I realized how much better it was going in a sunny room.

3. Levothyroxine and water – I need to take my meds every morning an hour before I eat or drink anything (Yes, including coffee. No, I don’t like this.) so I keep them right at hand so I can doze off again to pass the time.

4. A little woven basket – I got this in Mexico, when I was at the Copper Canyon. It contains:

5. Earplugs – I’m very noise-sensitive when I am sleeping and live between two fire stations, so these are essential.

6. Eye mask – I also don’t like a whole lot of light. I know, picky picky.

7. Lip balm – Can’t live without it. If I kept track, I’m reasonably sure I’m never more than three feet away from a lip balm – awake or asleep – and usually much closer.

8. Eye drops – My eyes have been bugging me lately, and the eye doctor said artificial tears would help, and they do, most of the time.

9. A decent-sized stack of books – Oddly enough, this is not my currently-reading pile (both of my current selections are on my Kindle) but rather a stack of odds-and-ends books that I add to when I am picking up the living room.

10. My iPhone and glasses – The two most essential items in navigating my day live on the nightstand while I am asleep.

(And yes, I realize that’s technically 12 items, because I doubled up two of them. But it’s not called 12 on Tuesday… though that wouldn’t ruin the alliteration.)

9 thoughts on “10 on Tuesday: Things On Your Nightstand/Bedside Table

1. Joanne February 1, 2011 / 3:48 pm

Well, I can’t play–I don’t have bedside tables…

• Sarah February 1, 2011 / 4:11 pm

Wha? Where do you keep your stuff if you don’t have bedside tables?

• Joanne February 1, 2011 / 8:38 pm

On the dresser. And we have to get out of bed to turn off the alarm clock, which is useful.

2. Eileen February 1, 2011 / 6:08 pm

1. Lamp
    2. Tissues
    3. Coaster
    4. Glass of water
    5. Lip balm
    6. Alcohol wipes, autoject & last nights needle 🙂
    7. Pencil
    8. Headphones
    9. iPhone charger & phone (overnight)
    10. The same book that I borrowed a year ago and have yet to read

3. Marlene February 1, 2011 / 8:04 pm

1. Lamp
    2. Alarm Clock
    3. Glasses (when I’m sleeping)
    4. my Bible
    5. Several Books
    6. Phone (the old fashioned kind that plugs into the wall, and not even cordless)
    7. Emery board
    8. An empty glass (usually anyway)
    9. Lots of dust (yes, I’m fishing now as I don’t think I have 10 things, unless I could all the books seperately, then it’s many more than 10)
    10. Some jewelry that needs to be put away (I actually had to go and look to come up with that one!)

4. susan February 1, 2011 / 9:15 pm

Kind of a minimalist. Kleenex and water. And dust, as well, if that counts ! 🙂

5. Fran February 1, 2011 / 10:21 pm

1. Lamp (ugly, but tap On, tap Off :))
    2. Sunflower (fake, but my fav flower to wake up to)
    3/4. Coaster (Mexican ceramic tile) & water glass
    5/6. Eyeglasses & case
    7/8/9. Droid – Triples as Phone/Clock/Solitare
    10. Throw on bottom shelf

There is also a drawer full of treasures, tissues, etc., but out of site …!

6. Mom February 2, 2011 / 1:49 pm

Well, I wasn’t going to participate as I don’t have 10 things either, but seeing as I’m not alone:
    1) Lovely lamp — finally, after all these years; with a Tiffany-esque shade so don’t need flowers!
    2) Small tissue box;
    3) Alarm clock which I really don’t need anymore either;
    4) iPhone at night;
    5) Phone charger plug; and
    6) Eyeglasses at night.

Like my sis, if I open up the small drawer, that’s a whole other post !!

7. Shannon February 2, 2011 / 2:27 pm

Here goes:

1. A short stack of books (with more below it in the space under the drawer)

2. Two lip balms (one is almost empty)

3. My Kindle and charger

4. A homemade ceramic bowl that my daughter made and it contains my most used earrings and rings

5. My little clip light so I don’t disturb my husband when I read in bed

6. Some coupons that I want to use on line

7. A random picture of my daughter

8. A bottle of water

9. My iPod charger (iPod is currently in my purse but it does reside here at night)

10. Finally the strangest one…a Tastefully Simple bottle of Flavors of India seasoning salt. It’s there because I was looking it up online for recipes and to find out exactly what is in it (didn’t find that out) as my computer is here in my bedroom.