Today’s 10 on Tuesday prompt is an easy one: Things On Your Nightstand/Bedside Table. I actually have two nightstands all to myself, what with the being single and all. (See? It’s the life!) They’re kind of smallish, though, so I doubt they would actually hold 10 items each on their own. Anyway…
1. Lamps – These belonged to my grandmother and are not really my style, but I like that they were hers, and so I keep them.
2. A plant – I brought the plant in when I was decorating for the holidays to get it out of the way, but decided to leave it there when I realized how much better it was going in a sunny room.
3. Levothyroxine and water – I need to take my meds every morning an hour before I eat or drink anything (Yes, including coffee. No, I don’t like this.) so I keep them right at hand so I can doze off again to pass the time.
4. A little woven basket – I got this in Mexico, when I was at the Copper Canyon. It contains:
5. Earplugs – I’m very noise-sensitive when I am sleeping and live between two fire stations, so these are essential.
6. Eye mask – I also don’t like a whole lot of light. I know, picky picky.
7. Lip balm – Can’t live without it. If I kept track, I’m reasonably sure I’m never more than three feet away from a lip balm – awake or asleep – and usually much closer.
8. Eye drops – My eyes have been bugging me lately, and the eye doctor said artificial tears would help, and they do, most of the time.
9. A decent-sized stack of books – Oddly enough, this is not my currently-reading pile (both of my current selections are on my Kindle) but rather a stack of odds-and-ends books that I add to when I am picking up the living room.
10. My iPhone and glasses – The two most essential items in navigating my day live on the nightstand while I am asleep.
(And yes, I realize that’s technically 12 items, because I doubled up two of them. But it’s not called 12 on Tuesday… though that wouldn’t ruin the alliteration.)