Sunday Snapshot: Undone

If you were expecting a Christmas card from me, this will go a long way to explaining why you haven’t (yet):

Too bad they say 2010, or I could just save them for next year.
Too bad they say 2010, or I could just save them for next year.

Yes, that’s a stack of my still-unfinished cards. I feel like I jinxed myself by ordering them Thanksgiving weekend. I had them for so long I felt like I needed to write a personal message on each of them, since I had the time. Then, rather than mailing the ones I finished, I decided to wait until they were all done and send them all at once. So now, half the people on my list will be getting clearly-late Christmas greetings and the other half will be getting the (slightly) more timely New Year’s greetings.

Altogether, a very lame effort on my part.

6 thoughts on “Sunday Snapshot: Undone

1. missblissindc January 9, 2011 / 9:30 pm

Better late than never! It’s always good to hear from a friend.

2. Mom January 9, 2011 / 9:45 pm

Ah well… When it’s the only one in a recipient’s mailbox, it gets individual attention! Go for it!!

3. Janis January 9, 2011 / 10:01 pm

I can totally relate. I had good intentions this year, but procrastinated and rushed a mass mailing of non-personalized pic cards of the kids in lame envelopes. I patted myself on the back for handwriting the addresses instead of using mailing labels. The holiday spirit alive and well. 🙂

4. Chris Otto January 9, 2011 / 10:18 pm

Draw a heart on them and call them Valentines Day cards.

5. Common Loon January 9, 2011 / 10:41 pm

Ditto missblissindc!!!

A handwriteen note?!$#* WOW!!! You so have to send them, even if they don’t arrive until Easter. And this is *NOT* a jab. I love getting anything handwritten, a tradition that is quickly fading with the demise of snail mail, word-processing programs and nice affordable printers (also not a slam, as I count on our computer for our Christmas letter). Plus the pictures are a bonus. Every year, I get at least one “Christmas” card mid-February. Always. And I love it! Shows you are human and the holidays got away from you, but that you still care enough about the recipients to send it.

6. susan January 10, 2011 / 6:47 am

Our last batch of Christmas cards is going out today. I don’t think you’re lame at all!
    🙂