This week’s 10 on Tuesday prompt – 10 things on my to-do list – arrived in a timely manner, much more so than my posting of it. Even though I am days late, I decided to post it anyway, because I feel like making the list public will somehow force some amount of accountability. Most of these things are tasks I’d like to finish by the end of the weekend, but a few are longer-term… but not so long that I want them to carry over to 2011, so wish me luck on getting them done in the next two weeks!
1. Write (and send) my Christmas cards. I actually ordered them early this year, but they’ve been languishing for more than a week now.
Send my wish list to my sister-in-law. Jen asked me for a list more than a week ago and I am still trying to figure out what to ask for. I actually did this between when I started this list and now, but it’s late and I couldn’t think of something to replace it with, so it’s still here. My list, incidentally, had a distinctly OMG! I’m freezing! vibe to it – slippers, gloves, etc.
3. Knit my Winter Classic hat. I’ve started (barely) a cute ear-flap hat in Caps colors – or what will be Caps colors when I get the blue yarn to go with the red and white I already have – but I have to be a little less lackadaisical about my knitting to get it done it time.
4. Catch up on my laundry. I’ve been stalling on doing it because the landlord is supposed to be getting me a new washer/dryer – one where the dryer actually works – but I need to do at least a little to tide me over.
5. Bake more Christmas cookies. I made a bunch last weekend, but I’m not sure it’ll be enough to get us through more than a week of family festivities, so I want to do a batch or two more.
6. Wrap Christmas presents. Not as easy as it sounds, because it involves figuring out if there was any wrapping paper left over last year, and if there was, where I might have stashed it. And if there’s not any, then I’ll have to start from scratch.
7. Buy new pants. The big closet purge I did in the spring apparently also included most of my winter-weight work pants, because I seem to have only corduroys left. I can get away with that most days, but I’d rather have a few pairs of lined wool trousers like a real grown-up.
8. Make a CD of my Egypt photos. It’s been 50 weeks since I got back from the trip, and I still haven’t copied my photos to share with my traveling buddy Alison, even though she gave me hers ages ago – and has been periodically reminding me that she’s still waiting.
9. File my MRA receipts. I somehow haven’t managed to submit a single medical expense this year, so this task just keeps getting bigger and more tedious.
10. Organize my photos. I take a ton of photos, but in all the years I’ve had a digital camera, I’ve never found a way to organize/share them that I really like. It’s time to take another crack at it before the backlog gets even further out of hand.
So… what’s on your to-do list?