I am not unaware that it’s lame in the extreme to come back from a couple of weeks of blog silence with a boring list post, but, well… it’s all I’ve got time for right now, and if I don’t post something soon, my far-flung family members will start calling the neighbors to come over and check on me. (I kid. Well, sort of.)
Anyway, it’s extremely Christmassy around these parts at the moment – if I’m allowed to use “Christmassy” as a euphemism for cold. It’s been (by DC standards) extraordinarily frigid for December. I’ve been using this as an excuse to sport pretty scarves and drink more hot beverages than usual, but if it keeps up all winter I’m sure even accessories and gingerbread lattes will no longer cheer me through the cold. In honor of the weather – and the 17 shopping days left until the big day – here’s a random 10 of the (fairly extensive) holiday selections on my iPhone.
1. “Merry Christmas, Baby” – Bruce Springsteen
2. “No More Toymakers to the King” – Paul Freed
3. “Merry Christmas, Darling” – Glee Cast
4. “Hark the Herald Angels Sing” – Vince Guaraldi Trio
5. “Christmas Tree” – Lady Gaga
6. “The Nutcracker Suite” – The Brian Setzer Orchestra
7. “It Ain’t Christmas” – Joe
8. “Silent Night” – Bing Crosby
9. “What Child is This? (Greensleeves)” – Sarah McLachlan
10. “Snow Angel” – Tori Amos
What have you been listening to lately?