It’s not even 2:00 in the afternoon, and I’ve officially had enough Monday to last me the rest of the day. I’m not a fan to begin with, but really, this is just excessive:
- I was dead asleep – literally in the middle of a dream – when my alarm went off. This was an extraordinarily rare occurrence for me, since I generally wake up before my alarm. When it happens, I find it profoundly confusing, and it takes me forever to really wake up. Today’s result: I didn’t get out of bed until 8:20, making a timely arrival at the office impossible.
- I discovered when combing my hair I had gotten polyurethane in it yesterday while working on sealing my new Adirondack chair. I ended up having to cut it out, because it wouldn’t come out any other way. This may be the first moment ever I’ve been grateful for my crazy hair, since a couple of missing chunks aren’t noticeable.
- It was pouring this morning, but I had to slog to the Metro sans-boots. Why? Because I left them at my office on Friday, when the afternoon proved significantly drier than the morning and wearing my cute red shoes to happy hour took priority over getting my galoshes home. Really, I should know better than to do that. It’s like guaranteeing a morning rainstorm.
- I left my good umbrella in Jen’s car (which I am borrowing) last night, so, in addition to being bootless, I also started out without an umbrella.
- My coffee sloshed all over the place on the way to work. I’m pretty sure I’d have burned my hand if it weren’t so chilly.
- When I went to get a glass of water, I dropped the full cup, getting my pants (and the floor) soaked.
Which brings me to now. I’m admitting defeat, crying “uncle!” Monday, you win. Now go away.