Though I am posting today’s 10 on Tuesday about the contents of my fridge while on lunch at work, be assured that I did the reconnaissance for this at home before I left this morning. Translation: the tiny, very disgusting fridge in my office was in no way involved in the crafting of this post. Consider yourselves lucky.
1. Feta cheese. There are other kinds of cheese, too, but I have been a little obsessed with feta lately. Or, more specifically, with spinach and feta omelets, which may be the best quick-dinner treat I have ever discovered. (Yes, it’s breakfast-for-dinner day at least once a week at my house.)
2. Spinach. See above. I do occasionally consider using it for a salad, but it never really pans out.
3. Concord grapes. Far and away better than any other variety of grapes, even though they have seeds. If purple had a flavor, it would be Concord grape.
4. Yogurt. I like yogurt, except when I am required to eat it, which I am right now. (I’m on a 30-day dose of antibiotics for an eye infection, and yogurt helps hold off all manner of icky side effects.) So I’m not in love with it at the moment, but oh well. There it is.
5. Coke Zero. The commercials that say it tastes just like real Coke? Pretty much true as it turns out. I am as shocked as anyone.
6. Hummus. I have two varieties right now, cilantro lime and Thai basil. Both are from the farmers market, and both are deeeeelicious!
7. Homemade applesauce. Yes, this is from the batch I made a few weeks back. I’m lucky that it stays good for so long because I didn’t freeze nearly enough of it initially so it’s taking quite a while to eat it all.
8. Beer. Of course.
9. Eye masks. Yes, plural. I don’t ever use these, yet I have two of them in my fridge. Huh.
10. These. Seriously. Free beverages that came in the mail almost three years ago. I have NO idea why a) I didn’t chuck them in the first place or b) at any point since then.
What’s in your fridge? Can you beat unused eye masks and free tiny cans of coffee for strangeness?