Sleep, Clean & Purged

I hope Sarah doesn’t mind, but I have three magnificently beautiful things to report this week, so I thought I’d jump in and share them.

1. I have slept well 5 of the last 6 nights…meaning 6 to 8 hours per night 🙂 I am now almost back to being human!!

2. My house is fantastically clean, thanks to our friends nanny who doubles as a cleaning lady on her “off” time.  In 5 hours she made the house sparkle! (And I’m sorry, I love the chemical smell of cleanliness!!) She is so worth every penny – and she isn’t expensive!  I think this is going to become a monthly gift to us and our home.

3. Two years after Hurricane Ike spawned chaos in our home office, I have reclaimed the space.  It is not totally finished, nor perfect, but it is good enough to rearrange/redistribute some furniture and see carpet.  Not to mention we have taken out at least 8 paper grocery bags of recycling. The danger of someone calling “Hoarders” on me/us has greatly diminished – which is indeed a most beautiful thing!

Bonus beautiful thing…George and Gracie, our cats, seem to be responding well to their medicine.  After almost two months, they have been out of quarantine for about a week and so far, so good.  And interestingly, quarantine seems to have turned them in to puppies – they are following Chris and I around the house constantly, rarely leaving our sides.  Its kind of cute!

I hope your week has been as full of goodness…

PS. For those of you who are wondering, James is apparently quite happy in his current environment.  Although he is due in just 8 days, he is showing NO signs of making his debut. Fortunately, I continue to feel really good and have the luxury of a light schedule, so we are getting along just fine.  Chris summed it up really well earlier this week when he said, “apparently the last few weeks of pregnancy is like Christmas eve…every day…with a lead weight in your belly…and there’s nothing we can do about it.”  We’ll keep you posted and when there is news to tell, I hereby empower Auntie Sarah to post an announcement and pictures.

14 thoughts on “Sleep, Clean & Purged

1. Mom September 18, 2010 / 9:06 pm

GREAT post! Sounds like you are “nesting” & resting, which means you are getting ready!! Come on James 🙂 🙂

2. Eileen September 18, 2010 / 9:22 pm

@ Mom – I’m paying someone to nest for me…how pathetic is that?!

3. Common Loon September 18, 2010 / 9:49 pm

I like Chris’s comment.

3BT:
    1. Organizer from Stacks ‘n’ Stacks which has done wonders to reclaim kitchen counter space and maintain the new crazy school-year schedule (can be found here: http://www.stacksandstacks.com/desktop-organizer-with-drawers).
    2. Beautiful sunny Fall weather (complete with outdoor football today and tomorrow’s “surprise” Twins game…we all get to go for peanuts)!
    3. Phone conversations with Eileen and Susan. Quite a pleasure.

4. Eileen September 19, 2010 / 4:25 am

It’s 3:30am. Apparently the sleep gods don’t like cocky, even when it’s packaged as grateful. 😦 But at least Ferris Bueller is on!

5. Mom September 19, 2010 / 8:08 am

@ Eileen. I was awake at that hour too — “sympathy insomnia” a/k/a indigestion !! My cause, if you will, was homemade chili topped with extra onions & lots ‘o cheese. It was a beautiful thing hours earlier. 🙂

6. Common Loon September 19, 2010 / 7:29 pm

Hey Eileen –
    Dan & I were also both up. And very grumpy to be up, too. We have no cause, so we’ll take the “sympathy insomnia” explanation.

7. Fran Hodgkins September 19, 2010 / 8:51 pm

Yikes, Dave was up, too … But I think his might have been an overload of lasagna ! Come on, James 🙂

8. Joanne September 19, 2010 / 11:06 pm

There’s nothing pathetic about paying someone to nest for you. Its efficient.

The chemical smell of cleaniless gives me a nasty, nasty headache. I switched to 7th Gen cleaners, and love it.

If you empower Sarah, we may have to wait days and days for her post it, giving her blogging record of late! Appoint a back up! 😉

9. Common Loon September 20, 2010 / 9:11 am

Perhaps Sarah is saving her [non-wrok-related] blogging mojo for just this very event, and all obstacles will disappear and there will be only the most minimal of delays???

10. Joanne September 20, 2010 / 11:01 pm

Common loon, I certainly hope so!

I figured my comment would draw Sarah out. But no. Hmmm.

• Sarah September 21, 2010 / 7:53 am

You know, Joanne, how you don’t reward your kids for bad behavior? It’s like that. 😉