Hello, Weekend!

Sometimes, the work week seems like it will never end, while other times – say, for example, right now – the weekend re-appears so quickly it seems like magic. Given that I spent most of my office hours working on a project that makes run-of-the-mill tedium sound appealing, I’m grateful beyond words that time didn’t drag like my tasks did.

I’ve got a moderately busy weekend ahead: I’m on my way to a Nats game now (hoping it goes better than the mess I saw on Tuesday) and tomorrow I’m renting a car for a day trip down to Richmond for my college friend/former roommate Marlene’s 40th birthday party. On Sunday, I expect to spend the morning madly running errands before my time with the car runs out, and after that… Naptime. Or chores. Or maybe a little of both.

So, not too bad, overall. What’s your mid-August weekend looking like?

Update: It looks like I’ve got some more fun to add to my weekend – going to see “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” on Sunday at the American Film Institute in Silver Spring w/ sprite and Rudi – apparently there’s a John Hughes film festival of some sort going on. Woo hoo!

8 thoughts on “Hello, Weekend!

1. Common Loon August 13, 2010 / 6:29 pm

Prepping for big camping trip (laundry, gear, etc.). And then there’s the winner: I’m open for any advice on administering enemas to children. How’s that for a thriller of a weekend?

2. Eileen August 13, 2010 / 6:37 pm

@CL: I know I’m going to regret this, but why!

3. Mom August 13, 2010 / 7:20 pm

Ohhhhh @ CL — on the bathroom floor in front of the commode (lots of towels just in case). NOT pleasant for sure. Lots of hugs for whichever darling Grand. BTDT — a necessary ‘evil’ sometime. 😦

4. Mom August 13, 2010 / 7:23 pm

P.S. Loon. Don’t even THINK of going off camping if this prob is not solved!

5. Mom August 13, 2010 / 7:28 pm

Sorry Sarah — please give Marlene a birthday HUG & best wishes from me. The fact that you & your girlfriends are all “there” is another good reason to retire!! WOO HOO. Marlene. Love ya. Mom “H”

6. Marlene August 14, 2010 / 9:52 am

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Mom! My husband is planning the party, so I hope it’s not a bust…he’s not much of a planner, but his heart is in the right place!

7. Common Loon August 14, 2010 / 10:23 am

@ Eileen: it’s the “next step” to correct some dysfunction (5 caps of Miralax per day- per the dr – over 3 days was not enough to clean things out for the oldest, but it did the job on the middle)
    @ Mom: THANK YOU!!!!! First one “went” pretty well – thanks for the prep. Hopefully the second one will be as ‘pleasant.’