Ten on Tuesday: Far Away Places I’d Like to Go

So Sarah asked if I would write a unique Ten on Tuesday as she wasn’t all that jazzed about this weeks theme.  I decided to share my destination wish list, you know those places that I have never been, that I would like to go to (I should clarify that I went exclusively with non-US destinations; there’d be a whole other list for US only).

Without further ado, here we go…in no particular order…

1. Bhutan

2. India

3. Ireland

4. Scotland

5. Australia

6. Laos

7. Egypt

8. Jordan

9. New Zealand

10. Spain

So if money and time were no object, where would you want to go???

I also have a list of places I’d like to go back to (perhaps for another slow Ten on Tuesday day).

18 thoughts on “Ten on Tuesday: Far Away Places I’d Like to Go

1. Marlene August 3, 2010 / 5:08 pm

1. Paris – for the art
    2. Rome – for the art
    3. Scotland – for the kilts and accents
    4. Venice – for the art
    5. the Carribean – for the sun and sand
    6. Amsterdam – just because
    7. Brazil – for the adventure
    8. Alaska – for the nature
    9. Australia – for the koalas
    10. Egypt – for the pyramids

2. Common Loon August 3, 2010 / 5:47 pm

OK, if no US choices are “allowed” (I have broken the “never been to” rule on at least one, though):
    1. Tiomann Island
    2. Germany
    3. Ireland
    4. Brazil
    5. Finland
    6. Ghana
    7. New Zealand
    8. Rome
    9. Israel
    10. Banff

3. Shannon August 3, 2010 / 6:19 pm

1. Alaska
    2. South Africa (my aunt and uncle’s pictures were AMAZING!)
    3. Italy (preferably the Tuscany region)
    4. Austria
    5. London (already been but want to go back)
    6. New Zealand
    7. Australia
    8. Scotland
    9. Vancouver
    10. Jordan (Sarah’s trip looked amazing!)

4. Rudi August 3, 2010 / 7:06 pm

1. Norway
    2. Argentina
    3. New Zealand
    4. Australia
    5. Russia
    6. South Africa
    7. Ireland
    8. Japan
    9. Sweden
    10. Nepal

5. wendalicious August 3, 2010 / 7:48 pm

Since I’ve only ventured outside the US as far as Canada, my list should be very easy!

1. South Africa (wanted to go there since I was 15)
    2. Iceland
    3. New Zealand
    4. Germany
    5. England
    6. Scandinavia (yes, all three)
    7. Netherlands
    8. Greece
    9. Egypt
    10. Czech Republic

Which ones are most likely to occur in my lifetime?
    1. Czech Republic
    2. England
    3. Germany

6. Mom August 3, 2010 / 8:58 pm

Ten is really not enough choices! So, here’s a partial list (no particular order):
    1) Ireland
    2) Alaska (cruise preferably)
    3) Italy
    4) South Africa
    5) London & Wales (friends there)
    6) Paris
    7) Netherlands
    8) Australia
    9) Egypt
    10) Hawaii

I’ve already done Germany, Austria & Czech Republic — but would go back again any day. And, I know Hawaii & Alaska are technically USA, but not on the ‘mainland’ .

7. Sarah August 3, 2010 / 9:57 pm

I just started making a list off the top of my head before I numbered it, and I ended up with 15, not 10. Imagine what I would have come up with if I’d actually thought about it!

1. Italy (Rome and Tuscany, specifically)
    2. Spain
    11. Iceland
    12. Peru
    13. Germany
    14. Japan
    15. Croatia

8. Shannon August 3, 2010 / 10:27 pm

Oops…NON-US? Then scratch Alaska and put in Venice. I REALLY want to see Venice.

But I really want to go to Alaska someday too.

9. Joanne August 3, 2010 / 11:09 pm

OK.

1. Safari in Africa
    2. Italy
    3. Costa Rica
    4. Israel
    5. Egypt
    6. Ireland
    7. Tibet
    8. Australia
    9. New Zealand
    10. Taiwan

Mom, Wales is BEAUTIFUL. I would go back in a heartbeat. As well as to China.

10. Eileen August 3, 2010 / 11:50 pm

It never ceases to amaze me which posts get you all commenting 🙂

@Loon – is Tioman Island off Malaysia?

@Joanne – I’m gonna pick on you…where in Africa for your safari??? You have at least 54 choices 🙂 [sorry, geography girl rears her ugly head!)

And I’d like to add to my original 10: Croatia, Tibet, and China

Lastly, a follow up for everyone who has responded. How many countries have you visited (feel free to include a list)? I’ll put my list up tomorrow!

11. Common Loon August 4, 2010 / 8:56 am

@ Eileen: Yes it is – and it is beyond gorgeous, at least before the tsunami. To me it beats Hawaii, the (formerly) white beaches of Pensacola, Mexico, Bermuda, etc. Oh, that gets into your next question. I do believe I actually may lag you & Sarah in this category and it will take some effort to shake the cobwebs out of my head so I’ll get back to ya’.

12. Rudi August 4, 2010 / 3:39 pm

Countries I’ve visited:

United States
    Canada
    England
    Wales
    The Netherlands
    Germany
    France
    Switzerland
    Italy (though it hardly counts – I skied over the border and back again)

13. Eileen August 4, 2010 / 4:34 pm

As promised, the countries I’ve visited: (1) The United Kingdom, (2) France, (3) Germany, (4) Austria, (5) the Czech Republic, (6) Greece, (7) Italy, (8) the Netherlands, (9) Russia, (10) Portugal, (11) South Africa, (12) Swaziland, (13) Kenya, (14) Rwanda, (15) Brazil, (16) Canada, (17) Thailand, (18) Cambodia, (19) Vietnam, (20) Vatican City (not really a country), (21) Mexico (day trip only), and of course I live in the good old (22) USA!

14. Mom August 4, 2010 / 6:48 pm

@ Eileen — like we are supposed to compete with that list???
    @ Sarah — you must come pretty close. Your list, please?
    @ Loon — I did not realize until I “googled” Tioman that it was “Bali Hai” from South Pacific — it was awesomely gorgeous back then & the Google pics are phenominal now!

Thanks to all of your comments, my “Bucket List” just gets longer. Thankfully we have the Travel Channel and are allowed to dream. 🙂

15. Common Loon August 5, 2010 / 9:27 am

OK, I think sailing back & forth across the Pacific twice should count as a country (takes much longer than a splash in the Atlantic). I’ve hit Canada (4 provinces), US (all but 2 states: AK & WY), Mexico (east & west), Bermuda, Chile (north & south), Japan, China, Singapore, Malaysia (there’s a group of “little stuff” in here and I can’t find my old passport at the moment – I can’t remember), Thailand, Oman, Turkey, Bahrain, UAE (Dubai – home away from home), Austrailia. One last question: may I count places where my feet never touched the ground but I could see my shadow and I knew the streets and shops and traffic and watched soccer games and got shot at? If so, you know which country to add.

16. Eileen August 5, 2010 / 9:52 am

@ Common Loon – if I count that right (including the US and the place that shall not be named, which absolutely counts 😉 that’s 16 countries! And might I say, I’m impressed by your state total…I come no where close to that!

@Sarah – list please…in my head I tried to create one for you, but I know I was missing a bunch 🙂

Thanks to all…this has been fun.

17. Sarah August 5, 2010 / 11:24 am

OK, since it was requested, I’ve been to: Canada, Mexico, Ireland, England, Scotland, Thailand, Cambodia, Jordan, and Egypt (not necessarily in that order). In addition, my passport thinks I’ve been to – but I don’t really count – Iceland, Italy, and Germany. (All three were stops through passport control on the way somewhere else, though the stop in Germany did require a sleepover in the stranded traveler limbo hotel.)

18. Joanne August 5, 2010 / 8:19 pm

Eileen, I have no idea–probably Kenya?

Where I’ve been:

China, Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, France, the UK, Spain, Morocco, some islands in the Caribbean which I can’t remember, Greece.