New Family, Delicious, and Not Bad

It’s Saturday once again, and time to look back on three beautiful things from the past week:

1. Last Saturday night, I joined sprite, Rudi and others in celebrating the marriage of our friends Susan and Phillip. It was a fun party, and they’re so obviously happy and in love – with each other, and when talking about their son who’ll be arriving this fall – that it made for a wonderful evening.

2. I bought fantastically delicious heirloom tomatoes at Eastern Market on Sunday, along with Indian Spice hummus from Wisteria Gardens, and have been eating my all-time favorite sandwiches all week long. (The peaches I picked up were pretty amazing, too. I love all the fresh produce of summer!)

3. I took a class at the gym that I didn’t hate. I’m actually planning to go again.

What’s been beautiful in your world this week?

9 thoughts on “New Family, Delicious, and Not Bad

1. Eileen July 17, 2010 / 5:59 pm

1. Celebrating friendship. Our dear friends Ben & Amy and their little boy David are moving this coming week to Ohio…and while this is a HUGE loss to us, we had two wonderful celebrations this week in their honor (well three actually – one for the boys, one for the girls, and one for families). The good news is that even though our day-to-day relationship will naturally change, our friendship will not – and we are super excited to say that Amy & Ben have agreed to be baby James God parents, so we will see them again in Houston soon-ish 🙂

2. Excellent report from the OB. We have now graduated from the every four week appointment schedule to every two weeks, and have passed the point where baby James can make it on his own if he were born today 🙂 He is totally on schedule and developing perfectly according to the doc.

3. Making peace. This should make you laugh…I was able to credibly write “10 things I like about Houston” earlier this week on the blog! And, I became slightly more Texified Friday when my girlfriends and I went to “Texas Junk” to buy reconditioned cowboy boots.

Why, did we do this? Amy wanted authentic boots (at a reasonable price) before leaving Texas and one of the girls found just the pair which we all bought her as a gift. At our ladies wine night we decided we should all wear our boots with sundresses on Sunday to Ben & Amy’s official send off…that meant I needed boots and fast (and not $200 ones!). If I am feeling brave I’ll have Chris get a picture tomorrow and post it later in the week.

2. Mom July 18, 2010 / 6:48 am

TBTs from here:

1). Announcing mr retirement effective end of August!!! I am so excited to start this next phase of my life now that I’ve made the decision.

2). Celebrating my decision with dear friends on Bastile Day no less at a nice new French bistro in an old part of town that is coming back — Pine Street — Grandpa Hughie’s old neighborhood! That ‘s how OLD.

3). A quiet weekend of weather-induced “slugging”. Translation: too hot to do much. 🙂

3. Sionna July 18, 2010 / 9:44 am

Congrats to Mom on her retirement!!! Excellent! Watcha gonna do now?

Hmmm….TBTs?

1. I had the week off from work. We didn’t go anywhere but was not in the office. THAT is a beautiful thing.

2. Was able to ease my dog’s hey fever bout with a trip to the vet. She’s been so droopy and sneezy. She sneezed so hard one day this week that she slammed her head on the floor. So it’s nice that the vet could give her something to treat the problem. So far so good. She’s back to herself now….oh wait, that might not be such a good thing (ask Sarah).

3. Watched my daughter sing her first song with her daddy and his Irish music band at his gig at an Irish pub. They sang Molly Malone. It was so sweet and naturally my kiddo was in perfect pitch. 😉 She wow’d the place.

4. sprite July 18, 2010 / 10:29 am

Congratulations to Sarah’s Mom! That *is* beautiful news!

5. Joanne July 18, 2010 / 5:24 pm

Convenient timing, Mom. Just in time for little James’ arrival! Congrats!

6. common loon July 18, 2010 / 9:49 pm

What class did you take, Sarah?

7. Mom July 18, 2010 / 9:58 pm

Thanks girls! Did ya all think James’ arrival did *not* play into this big decision??? Plan–NONE! My old life has always been planned, scheduled, organized, time clocked — not the next phase. Hope I can stand it :). 🙂

8. Sionna July 18, 2010 / 11:04 pm

Completely not post-related…Just had to say that I really like the new page layout.

And I LOVE the tagline bit, “Except for when it’s Eileen”. Very cute.