UPDATED: Sunday, June 13 @ 10pm CDT — keep reading
So, I am trying to come up with a theme for today…and I feel like we’ve done Five on Friday before but I can’t recall (and don’t have time to look) what the actual post(s) consisted of! Therefore, we’ll pick up where my mind is today.
Like most of you, I’m sure, my to do list could circumnavigate the globe, but I have paired it down for the weekend to the things I most want to do (as if this were my very last weekend sort of thing…).
1. I have a group of lady friends who gather once a month at a fantastic restaurant called Tiny Boxwood’s for an informal breakfast (at 7:30am Saturday). While I am not excited about the timing, I have missed the last few and hope to get there tomorrow with Little Man for a lovely berry muffin or some such fun treat. — DONE, arrived at 8 with Little Man and had a lovely cranberry muffin and juice with the ladies. Always a good time!
2. This Sunday is our Father’s Day. And I am excited to celebrate with my men, and Chris’s family who will be joining us at church and then back at the house for brunch! (baked french toast, bacon & Canadian bacon, fruit salad, and sparkling orange juice) — DONE, we had a great day…bitter sweet…and emotional.
Chris enjoyed his fathers day presents – I did an apron for when he grills that I wrote #1 Dad on (in fabric marker) and then put Little Man’s hand and foot prints in with burnt orange (of course). What a bloody mess that made – Little Man started out diaper only and I wound up with paint from my arms to my feet – needless to say, but someone immediately got a bath! The prints aren’t all that great unfortunately (its hard to channel an eight month old) but hey, its the thought that counts! Neat thing is next year, assuming the apron survives, we will add James’s to it. James will be navy blue I think – UT and Georgetown! We also gave Chris s’moore fixings to go with his copper fire pit…a very manly an all grill related Fathers Day.
By the way, I need to perfect the baked french toast recipe a bit (top layer, perfect; bottom layer a bit too smooshy but still tasty.) But it was a very good start.
3. It’s pool time. Our HOA pool, which is fantastic, is just around the corner and Little Man loves the pool, so I hope to get there at least twice between Friday and Sunday! — No pool time this weekend 😦
4. I hope to get a nap a day 🙂 — Sunday only, but that’s ok
5. I’d like to finish Little Man’s baby books (there are three volumes!) and get them to Kinko’s so I can make a copy for us to keep (although I ordered double prints so I can make another copy for us later in the summer as time permits – maybe I can even scrapbook some of our other travels and adventures later in the summer in my free time!) — consolidated the pages down to two books, and have two pages to go (text only), will aim for Kinko’s tomorrow
That’s my weekend agenda. What’s yours?