The Mystery Revealed

It has been ages since I’ve blogged – we’ve had a lot going on down here in Texas, with the arrival of Little Man and all – who is awesome, BTW (more on him later).  Over the next couple weeks, I’ll try to write a couple of updates on him and other important happenings.

But, I’ll start the updating with the awesome news that Sarah alluded to about a month ago.  Chris and I found out in late January that we are pregnant.  And a week ago we heard the heart beat on the Doppler, and officially “graduated” to the 2nd trimester!!

To say that we were surprised, shocked even, would be the understatement of the century!!  This was the very last thing we expected to discover while doing the 6am feeding of then three month old Little Man.

I am thrilled to report that we are all doing really well.  Amazingly well.  I somehow managed to escape the worst of first trimester – a little nausea, a little dizzy, definitely extra tired, but that’s about it.  Even better, I’ve been able to stay on all my meds, so the thyroid and MS are in check.  I feel great, how cool is that?

Chris noted after our first OB appointment that he thinks the doc’s biggest concern is that I am over 35. Given all that comprises my health, we had a good laugh at that.  BTW, her “concern” has yielded my new favorite phrase…I have “advanced maternal age.” Yeah me!! I’m old!! That would explain all the grays that I wish I had colored back in January!

Oh, I suppose you want a due date…we’re looking at the last week of September or very early October. And yes, we’ll find out boy or girl on May 18; and yes, we’ll tell, name included, ’cause this isn’t a democracy – if you don’t like the name choice, too bad 😉

10 thoughts on “The Mystery Revealed

1. sprite March 30, 2010 / 4:52 pm

Congratulations, Eileen! That’s awesome news!

2. common loon March 30, 2010 / 5:12 pm

C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember those big birthday bashes when we were kids? So far, 4 September birthdays for kids (5 if you count Dad)…why not make it 5 (6)???

3. Rudi March 30, 2010 / 5:43 pm

Congrats!

4. Joanne March 30, 2010 / 7:04 pm

OK, while I utterly despise you for escaping the hell that is bad morning sickness, I”M SO HAPPY FOR YOU I COULD SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

And for heaven’s sake, you can dye your hair. If my UBER-conservative OB lets her patients dye their hair, I’m totally convinced its completely safe for gestating women. Trust me.

5. Mom March 30, 2010 / 8:09 pm

Of course I’ve known for a while — overjoied is an understatement BIG TIME !! Hugging E&C & baby in belly & Little Man too – whom I love with all my heart – Grandma

6. Sionna March 30, 2010 / 8:15 pm

That is the best news ever. Great things really do happen to utterly wonderful people. 🙂 I had happy tears for you!! Hearing that heartbeat for the first time is quite possibly the most beautiful moment in your life (aside from childbirth, of course).

You are so lucky for having minimal morning sickness. I was threatened with hospitalization and an IV if I didn’t start eating. I lost 10 lbs right off the bat…but made it up up pretty darn quick in the 2nd and 3rd and then some, haha. That junk food binge in the 38th and 39th weeks wasn’t a good thing….

Hrump…men came up with OB terms. I’m convinced of it. “Advanced maternal age”, “Incompetent cervix”, “Inhospitable Womb”….yeesh!!!! You’ll be fine! And that is funny that THAT was your doctor’s main concern. That’s wonderful news.

Ask Sarah about the day that I talked about engourgement (a nursing term)…I thought she and Wendy had morphed into Bevis and Butthead!!!

Congratulations!!!! Keep us posted! Ultrasound pics, first kicks, the works!

7. Susan March 30, 2010 / 8:35 pm

🙂

8. Auntie Fran March 30, 2010 / 10:20 pm

THRILLED, THRILLED, THRILLED for you 🙂

9. wendalicious March 30, 2010 / 11:27 pm

I KNEW that was the secret!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! I couldn’t be happier for you…you and Chris deserve every happiness in the world.

I’m sure I’m not alone in saying that I now expect more blog updates from you, so we can keep up with Baby H!!