A Year Ago Today

On the last Thursday in March in 2009, I was here:

Petra, Jordan
Petra, Jordan

[wistful sigh]

Still the best trip I’ve ever taken.

9 thoughts on “A Year Ago Today

1. Mom March 25, 2010 / 9:53 pm

Isn’t it nice to have such wonderful memories. Pleasant dreams tonight …..

2. Sionna March 25, 2010 / 10:59 pm

Even better than a boat trip down the Nile? Seriously. I’m curious…

3. Eileen March 25, 2010 / 11:50 pm

@ Sionna. I’m guessing it wins cause it was a less stressful trip overall. Just a guess.

4. common loon March 26, 2010 / 8:12 am

Since it’s been a year…are your pictures organized into any sort of an album yet??? Note: This is a question from a lady with 3 kids of significant ages and only 1 complete baby album. In fact, I don’t even think I have all of their childhood photos in a single organized spot anymore. Someday I hope to be as caught up as my “little” sister!

• Sarah March 26, 2010 / 11:40 am

Well, they’re organized & mostly captioned in iPhoto. I don’t have an actual physical book yet, though. Which is more than I can say for Egypt. I am not sure I even have all of those captioned yet.

5. common loon March 26, 2010 / 11:58 am

Noticed you “fixed” Eileen’s new mama brain 🙂 I’ll bet it’s only a temporary fix! 🙂 🙂

• Sarah March 27, 2010 / 11:14 am

I was just gonna let it slide w/out mentioning it.. 😉

6. Eileen March 26, 2010 / 12:17 pm

Thanks for fixing me sis. I read too fast. 🙂

7. Sarah March 27, 2010 / 11:11 am

@Sionna, @Eileen pretty much hit the nail on the head. Everything about the Jordan trip was just easy, relaxing, and fun. Egypt was a larger group, had a more aggressive schedule, and combined with all the flight delays/luggage issue, it was just more stressful. Don’t get me wrong, it was still an amazing trip and I had a great time, I would just recommend seeing upper and lower Egypt in separate trips. It’s a pretty big place to experience in two weeks. (Kind of like if you came to the US and wanted to see NYC/Boston/DC on the same trip as the Grand Canyon & the entire southwest.)