Wednesday Random 10

I have a real post planned for today — that is, one that’s written and not merely a list — but my iPhone served up a few entirely incongruous selections when I started it up this morning, so it seemed as if it were requesting a random 10 post. I decided to oblige, rather than anger the iPhone gods. And, with the exception of one duplicate artist, I think this is as wacky a list as ever I have gotten.

1. Love Letters – Miranda Lambert
  2. Sister Christian – Night Ranger
  3. King of Birds – REM
  4. A Time of Inconvenience – Nanci Griffith
  5. Carnival of Sorts – REM
  6. Hey Baby – No Doubt
  7. Kkayni – Marwan Khoury
  8. Cinco de Mayo – Liz Phair
  9. Cousins – Vampire Weekend
  10. Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) – Lady Gaga

What’s coursing through your headphones today?

7 thoughts on “Wednesday Random 10

1. Sionna February 17, 2010 / 10:51 am

Wait a minute, you’re a fan of Miranda Lambert AND Lady Antebellum but won’t give the Dixie Chicks a listen? Wow.

(Yes, I am going to continue to beat that dead horse just out of my own amusement)

Okay, (gives the iTouch a shake)….here goes mine:

Friends – Band of Skulls
    Don’t Stop Believin’ – Glee Cast
    The Waiting – Green Day
    The Parting Glass – Liam Clancy
    Defying Gravity – Glee Cast
    Into the Mystic – Van Morrsison
    Speechless – Lady Gaga
    Brick House – Commodores
    Dance in the Dark – Lady Gaga
    Mysterious Ways – U2

2. Sarah February 17, 2010 / 11:56 am

@Sionna – As I said in my comment on the original Lady Antebellum post, I’ve given the Dixie Chicks more of a listen than any other band I don’t like. And you know what, I still don’t like them. Learn to accept it. 🙂

3. sprite February 17, 2010 / 12:50 pm

1. “Blue Tail Fly” — Peter, Bethany, and Rufus
    2. “Follow Me” — Mary Travers
    3. “Laughing” — Winterpills
    4. “The Baker’s Dozen” — The Storycrafters
    5. “Angel from Montgomery” — Rachael Davis
    6. “My Lament” — Sweet Honey in the Rock
    7. “What Makes Me Blind” — Winterpills
    8. “Are My Hands Clean” — Sweet Honey in the Rock
    9. “Crazy, Crazy, Crazy” — Michael Franti & Spearhead
    10. “Shasta Song” — Rita Hosking

4. sionna February 17, 2010 / 1:33 pm

NEVER! I was never any good about accepting that which I cannot change crap….

So on that note, perhaps you will like the Dixie Chicks sans Natalie…Emily and Martie (the banjo player and fiddle player respectively) call themselves The Courtyard Hounds and just cut an album with Martie on lead vocals.

Give them a try. You might like them better because I think it’s Natalie’s voice that rubs you the wrong way, though I cannot fathom why.

5. Joanne February 17, 2010 / 8:54 pm

You Give Love a Bad Name–Bon Jovi
    Dentist! — Little Shop of Horrors
    Trouble — Pink
    Little Wonders — Rob Thomas
    Ready to Run — Dixie Chicks (not one of my favorite tunes by them)
    Its Hot Up Here — Sunday in the Park with George
    Morningside — Sara Bareilles
    So Hard — Dixie Chicks
    Between the Lines — Sara Bareilles
    If I Fall You’re Going Down With Me — Dixie Chicks

OK, the Dixie Chicks/Sara Bareilles emphasis is just weird.

6. Joanne February 17, 2010 / 8:55 pm

Oh, and Shannon, I’m very sad to hear the sisters went off without Natalie. I realize that the Chicks haven’t really broken up, but this seems to be a first step to a fizzle out. Boo!

7. Sionna February 17, 2010 / 9:02 pm

I can’t tell if the Chicks broke up or if Martie and Emily are just their own project for the time being. I’ve read that Natalie just didn’t feel like doing an album right now but they might do another Chicks album some other day in the future.

Who knows.