Gorgeous, Snowed In, and Comfy

I didn’t do a whole lot the week of Snowmageddon, but still managed to find three beautiful things — and could probably come up with more, if I put my mind to it.

1. For all that I complain about snow, it is undeniably gorgeous as it coats everything and remains pristine through the duration of the storm.

2. It’s rare that I get to hang out with my sister-in-law without the kids anymore, so getting snowed in allowed us a couple of days worth of quality time, which I really enjoyed. (I’m pretty sure my brother doesn’t see it as a beautiful thing, though.)

3. I got to spend the better part of a week in pajamas/ sweats. I probably shouldn’t admit to being happy about this, for fear of looking like a schlub, but it was unbelievably nice to just be comfy for a few days.

7 thoughts on “Gorgeous, Snowed In, and Comfy

1. sprite February 13, 2010 / 8:21 pm

Pajamas are always beautiful.

2. Mom February 13, 2010 / 9:45 pm

Yeah Sprite! We’ve talked about having Pajama Day at the office in lieu of a “casual Friday” but given some of the “costumes” worn there on regular/professional work days, the idea never has caught on. :).
    Home alone, however, awesome…….

3. common loon February 13, 2010 / 10:06 pm

Our favorite day here is pajama day. One time (when DH was deployed) we ALL stayed in our PJ’s and bathrobes and went to IHOP for breakfast. I didn’t get a single dirty look…in fact most folks wanted to join us.

And I like your #1, also: I LOVE the snow on the trees! This morning we had one of those freezing fogs, and even at noon the long needle pines looked artifically painted and every branch looked like it had white berries (really, the whole place looked photoshopped). Then the sun came out and it looked like there were diamonds in the sunbeams.

4. Susan February 15, 2010 / 9:33 am

A beautiful thing…I got my paper done cuz of this blizzard. I need another one the first week of May (that’s when the last paper is due). What are the chances?? Probably better this year, than most 🙂

5. Mom February 15, 2010 / 2:20 pm

P U L E Z Z Eee. Susan. May???? How about a weekend alone in a hotel??? There ya go “J” — a birthday suggestion 🙂

6. Susan February 15, 2010 / 4:25 pm

@Mom…that’s no fun. Then everyone is doing fun stuff without me. I like it when I get my stuff done and still get to do the fun things. Selfish, I know 🙂