Above the Fold

You know the hometown team is doing well when, the morning after the Super Bowl, the local sports section looks like this. Well done, Washington Post.

C-A-P-S! Caps! Caps! Caps!

Updated to change the link to a blog that archived the cover image, since the WaPo link apparently isn’t date-specific.

18 thoughts on “Above the Fold

1. Susan February 8, 2010 / 7:16 pm

Giving me 4th grade street cred with my ice hockey loving kiddo in my class…I dropped Ovechkin’s name…and his Superbowl Day accomplishments and I was suddenly (momentarily) really cool!

2. common loon February 8, 2010 / 9:22 pm

Sarah, I’m working on them. The youngest is still untainted. The middle one would likely support the RED…except his cousin was a little too much in his face and now he will be against the CAPS for a very very long time. Firstborn will come around as he continues to memorize most sports stats and insists on cheering for winning teams (reminds me of of the guy I knew when I was growing up – he is 9 days younger than me). Now the oldest one, he is a definite problem!!! We both have our work cutout on that one!!!

I’m cracking up at the swagger ad, plus your reaction to the “winter storm warning.” Oh I do hope Susan finally gets her wish and loses that cranky edginess by FINALLY getting a snow day!

3. Eileen February 8, 2010 / 10:19 pm

Chris slept through the game (with good reason) but I dvr’d it and am making it cumpulsory viewing. At least the 2nd and 3rd periods and OT of course! 🙂 An amazing game!!

4. common loon February 8, 2010 / 10:29 pm

Hey EIleen – look! I got your eye by me?!

5. common loon February 8, 2010 / 10:30 pm

Never mind, it’s fixed on this new screen.

6. Susan February 9, 2010 / 4:36 pm

Hey…I’ll be nice now! I get a snow day!! We found out at the end of the day that tomorrow is a no-go…or sno-go….FINALLY!

7. Eileen February 9, 2010 / 4:53 pm

@Susan- congrats! A Wednesday snow day is awesome. Totally chops up the week. Have fun with the girls!

8. common loon February 9, 2010 / 6:14 pm

To think that if Sarah had only known, she could have left for a beach last Thursday evening and had a week’s vacation (from shoveling, too) that would not be chargeable since work has been closed anyways. OK, so she has more time off than she can spend…but the dream of it is pleasing.

CONGRATULATIONS Susan! Sleep in. Stay in your pj’s, and I’ll do what I can to control my envy. Really. I’m very happy for all of you (sniffle). These are happy tears (sniffle sniffle).

9. Mom February 9, 2010 / 8:16 pm

Us hearty law office employees will probably mush to work tomorrow. If a lawyer or two shows up then the office is “open” & we have to use PTO if WE opt not to go in. In 30 years we’ve only had two paid snow days — both state’s of emergency declarations !! I too will be envious S&S

10. Susan February 10, 2010 / 7:10 am

Oh, MY! This is A LOT of snow…this is CRAZY! we’ve got another foot…with more to come today. Unbelieveable!

11. Mom February 10, 2010 / 8:07 am

Only 4″ here w/ 4 more coming. Hi ho hi ho, it’s off to work I go. 😦

12. Mom February 10, 2010 / 8:08 am

P.S. Schools ARE closed though!!

13. Sionna February 10, 2010 / 9:16 am

It *just* started snowing here. I am underwhelmed to say the least.

14. common loon February 10, 2010 / 9:43 am

Dad’s w/o power again, but his generator is working this time and the woodpile is re-stocked. Susan, if you talk to him please encourage him to invite his neighbors over – I’ve got meetings every 1.5 hours until 8:30 tonight and have to dash off for the carpools.

15. Mom February 10, 2010 / 11:14 am

It is coming down so hard here that they are having lunch brought in. Getting out could be problematic. Oh well at least for now “the condemed ‘man’ will have a good meal.”

16. Susan February 10, 2010 / 2:03 pm

Jeremy went to work…then was sent home since we’re in a state of emergency. Weird..Jeremy said the roads are better this time than last time…but I guess I-81 is closed. He’s driving around picking up the girls friends so everyone can build snow forts in one spot 🙂 Fun!!

17. Eileen February 10, 2010 / 2:54 pm

@Susan. What an awesome Dad. And at his age 😉

18. Susan February 10, 2010 / 4:39 pm

@Eileen…you got a chuckle out of him! 🙂