A Quick Update from Egypt

Greetings from Alexandria, Egypt!

Because our sightseeing schedule here in Alexandria is a bit lighter than the rest of the trip, and because it was available in-room (rather than lobby-only), Alison & I decided to spring for 24 hours of wifi access in order to get a little bit caught up with the outside world. And so, I have an opportunity to post a few pictures of my trip thus far. I can’t figure out how to caption them properly from the iPhone, so here’s a list that I hope will be in the same order as the photos actually appear. (It might be reversed, so if it seems wrong, it probably is.)

1. Abu Simbel
2. The view of the Nile from my hotel room in Aswan.
3. My henna tattoos for the wedding.
4. Farin & Sherif, newlyweds
5. Me at the temple at Kom Ombo.
6. Karnak Temple, the largest in Egypt.
7. The Mohammed Ali Mosque at the Citadel in Cairo. (No, not the boxer.)
8. My hero, Sherif, and my formerly-missing bag.
9. Look! I’m at the Pyramids!
10. The Sphinx was smaller than I expected.

7 thoughts on “A Quick Update from Egypt

1. Mom January 5, 2010 / 4:49 pm

Wow! I have a feelng that these are but a few & can’t wait for more. You look so happy; it is good to see you smile after your unfortunate beginning. Soak up a lot of that warmth. You are really missing a lot ‘o winter :). Love you. Mom

2. mev January 5, 2010 / 4:58 pm

Gorgeous pics…I am so jealous! Here’s a piece of trivia for you: contrary to popular belief, Napy’s soldiers did not shoot the nose off the Sphinx; it was lost through erosion. For all his faults, Napoleon was a preserver of antiquities (and loot).

3. Rudi January 5, 2010 / 5:33 pm

Fantastic stuff! Can’t wait to discuss further over a beer or two (and maybe pizza?) once you return.

4. Chris Gladis January 5, 2010 / 7:29 pm

Those pictures look great! Glad to see that (luggage problems aside) you’re having a good time.

5. Fran January 5, 2010 / 8:38 pm

Your daily tweets have had me googling all sorts of Eqyptian sites … thanks for the great travelog 🙂 Lkg fwd to more.

6. Susan January 5, 2010 / 9:50 pm

LOVE the pix…thanks for taking time to post ’em!

7. common loon January 6, 2010 / 12:18 pm

GREAT pictures! THANK YOU!!!! Enjoy your trip and safe passage back home!