Greetings from Alexandria, Egypt!
Because our sightseeing schedule here in Alexandria is a bit lighter than the rest of the trip, and because it was available in-room (rather than lobby-only), Alison & I decided to spring for 24 hours of wifi access in order to get a little bit caught up with the outside world. And so, I have an opportunity to post a few pictures of my trip thus far. I can’t figure out how to caption them properly from the iPhone, so here’s a list that I hope will be in the same order as the photos actually appear. (It might be reversed, so if it seems wrong, it probably is.)
1. Abu Simbel
2. The view of the Nile from my hotel room in Aswan.
3. My henna tattoos for the wedding.
4. Farin & Sherif, newlyweds
5. Me at the temple at Kom Ombo.
6. Karnak Temple, the largest in Egypt.
7. The Mohammed Ali Mosque at the Citadel in Cairo. (No, not the boxer.)
8. My hero, Sherif, and my formerly-missing bag.
9. Look! I’m at the Pyramids!
10. The Sphinx was smaller than I expected.